latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Invitation code, how it works in s2member?

Home Forums Community Forum Invitation code, how it works in s2member?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 9:39 am #29397
Oriol Boan
Username: orboan

Hello again,
I’d like to use an invitation code method in my business model:

1 – The not registered user clicks on a link that says: “Request an Invitation” (for membership)
2 – He/she is presented a form asking for some basic info plus his/her email
3 – The system automatically sends him/her an email with an Invitation Code and a Link where to use it and complete de Regitration (this step can be directly done for free invitations or done after a payment)
4 – The user is presented the form to complete the registration process, where the Invitation Code has to be introduced plus additional fields
5 – End. The user is a new registered user, a new member

In the step 2 the user shoud choose the type of membership, and the form presented to the user in step 4 shoud be the one needed for that type of membership (i.e. the additional fields should be different based on the type of membership).

I know it’s almost all posible with s2member with coding, but I’d like to know if this flow could be achieved without coding or miminal coding. If php coding is needed I’d like to know if you would point me in the right direction to achieve this registration flow process (I’m a java developer, with little experience in php).

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 1:17 pm #29431
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Oriol,

s2Member does not have that functionality, so it would need to be custom-coded by a PHP programmer. WordPress itself doesn’t have any concept of “invitation”, so you’d either need to maintain a separate list in the database of invitations that were sent out or you’d need to use a custom WordPress role specifically for invitations and process them that way.

If you’re not comfortable with PHP, we recommend posting your job on jobs.wordpress.net.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 2:33 pm #29444
Oriol Boan
Username: orboan

Thanks again mr. Raam,

I think I will develop this functionality myself. It seems no quite difficult. The major problem for me is not the PHP, it is the WordPress architecture, which I’m (still) not familiar with, and that I’m very busy. But with patiente I’ll achieve it.
Thanks again.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 2:00 pm #29544
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Glad to help, Oriol. Let us know if you have any other questions. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.