latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

IP Lockout

Home Forums Community Forum IP Lockout

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:51 pm #15554

I had a user that got the following message:

503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
Please contact Support if you need assistance.

I eventually traced it back to this plugin and the Unique IP Access Restrictions ( prevents username/link sharing )

When I reset the log it freed the user. I can see potentially why the user was flagged as it was being used by me and another developer and he was probably doing it on his Ipad and his laptop which is at least three IPs so it seems at least possible we tripped the setting of 5 per 30 days. What more concerns me is that the user has been locked out for like two weeks and I just now freed them by resetting the logs. It is set to only penalize for 1 hour.

Are there any known issues with feature? It seems like a valuable security feature but I cannot have users locked out for weeks when it is is only supposed to be an hour.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 3:27 am #15651
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Edward,

I do not know of any issues with that feature. Do you have any caching plugin running on WordPress? You might want to try disabling that and running another test. Also, it could be that the user was loading a cached version of the error page on his computer and clearing his browser cache may have been enough to give him access after one hour.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.