latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

iPad and protected files

Home Forums Community Forum iPad and protected files

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 11:52 pm #40518
Scott Cappos
Username: scott

I have protected files with s2member; can the videos I have protected be downloaded to an iPad?

I have a wordpress site with godaddy as my host

Thanks

Scott

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 3:47 am #40534
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I will assume that you’ve integrated with JW Player and you’re using the [s2Stream /] shortcode. If so, then yes. Please see: http://www.longtailvideo.com/jw-player/tech-specs/

You will want to offer an RTMP stream, and also an MP4 fallback. So please use this player="" value.

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp" ... /]

See also: Knowledge Base » JW Player® w/ s2Stream Shortcodes

Posted: Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 at 8:24 am #40548
Scott Cappos
Username: scott

Thanks for the quick response. I am using the Video Embed & Thumbnail Generator plugin for video. I do not use anything but godaddy to host videos with s2member protection.

Do I need to switch to another player? All of the videos are in mp4 only.

Thanks

Scott

Posted: Monday Feb 4th, 2013 at 12:51 pm #40741
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

Yes, this sounds like it could be a shortcoming in your audio/video player. I can confirm that JW Player v6 can serve videos to iPads and other mobiles devices.

Please see: Knowledge Base » JW Player® w/ s2Stream Shortcodes

Or, you might contact the developer for the existing player that
you’re using and see about adding support for mobile devices.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.