latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Is CCaps the way to go with this?

Home Forums Community Forum Is CCaps the way to go with this?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 6:04 pm #32021
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hi guys,

I’m just about to build a new client site and would like some advice on which method of using S2 would be the most efficient for this next site.

The site will be stand alone WordPress (not buddypress).

It will contain tutorial videos that will be available to watch after sign up to the site.

Initially there will be only one set of 3 videos, but down the line there will be add on ‘modules’ of videos which will be available to purchase.

So initially EVERYONE who pays and signs up will be paying for this first 3 videos, however in the future, people may not be buying this first set of 3, but may go on to buy JUST THE 2nd SET, or just the 3rd set (or a combination.

For that reason I don’t think S2 levels would be the best way to go, but something more like CCaps.

I haven’t used CCaps in any of my other sites, so just wondered what would be the best way to set this up.

Say for instance all videos were found in the user’s ‘Members’ Area’, could I place links to the pages that hold the videos in CCap shortcodes so that they only show to people with those CCaps, and then I could protect the actual page linked with the same CCaps?

I’m not entirely sure, but I’m guessing this kind of site is pretty common, and could do with some advice on what people have found best.

Are CCaps fine to use with just Paypal standard buttons? I think this site may only be able to use standard buttons until they can afford a Pro account at PayPal.

Any advice would be fantastic!

Thanks so much!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 7:33 pm #32029
cassel
Username: cassel

Yes on all the counts.
Using ccaps would be the way to go. You can assign a ccap of “set1” for the first set, then “set2”, “set3” and so on.
You can also have the links protected by conditional, something like this:

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_set1)]
    Link to video 1
    Link to video 2
    Link to video 3
[/s2If]
[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_set2)]
    Link to video 4
    Link to video 5
    Link to video 6
[/s2If]

And you can protect the pages with ccaps or conditionals. I tend to prefer the conditionals because you can then keep the visitor on the page they are trying to access, in case they accessed it from some way. Something like this:

[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_set1)]
    Video 1
    Video 2
    Video3
[/s2If]
[s2If !current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_set1)]
    Oops, it looks like you reached this page by mistake. If you know you are supposed to access these videos, you probably forgot to log in. If you have not already registered for XYZ, you can purchase a registration at ....
[/s2If]

I have a whole site based on multible ccaps to protect videos for courses. Ccaps are pretty powerful!

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 7:35 pm #32030
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Awesome!

Great advice, thanks for clarifying that for me! Really appreciate it! :)

Would love to take a look at your site for inspiration if you wouldn’t mind?

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 7:39 pm #32031
cassel
Username: cassel

I dont mind. You can check it out here: http://scrapbookcampus.com
If you have any specific question, do not hesitate to ask.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.