latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Is this possible with s2member?

Home Forums Community Forum Is this possible with s2member?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 2:53 am #60826
Alexander
Username: alexhai

Hi there,

I want to set up a elearning site maybe based on s2member. Therefor I am checking several requirements. I am using s2member and the pro version on some of my websites but for this elearning thing I am not clear about these things:
1. members should be able to determin a reminder email, e.g. an email wii be send every morning at 8:30 to remind them about the lasting training courses. Any ideas how to do that and how s2member can help with that?
2. members must see a dynamic link (or more) on the login welcome page that points to their purchased lessons
3. any possibility to let a member point out that he or she already finished a lesson and the possibility to show this on an overview page.

Maybe some things should be done with 3rd party but can anyone please tell me how far I can use the features of s2member or can please give me any recommendations?

thx.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 9:43 am #60833
cassel
Username: cassel

I have a site with courses and I think that with a little tweak, you might be able to achieve at least the first 2.

1- I would suggest you use an auto-responder, like MailChimp or aWeber (I am just familiar with MC) and have a sequence of emails ready and sent at specific time for the students, based on their registration.

2- You can create a “fake” account page where you will be listing all the courses the student is registered in, and using some conditionals, you can have those links active, while those for the courses they have not registered, hidden. I don’t think it can be dynamic enough to send them to the specific lesson they have reached, if there are say, 12 lessons.

3- I am really not sure how it could be done within s2M. I am not saying it cannot be done, but unless the student can do something that would trigger a ccap or something like that, I am not sure.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable might be able to fill in the blanks for you.
Good luck.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.