latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Is this possible with S2Member Pro?

Home Forums Community Forum Is this possible with S2Member Pro?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 10:36 am #56032
Steve Wolk
Username: stevew123

I have a WooCommerce WordPress shop and I want to create to sell memberships, cCap and Specific Post/Page Products at my store. The s2Member site will be a separate site from the WooCommerce shop.

Is it possible, using the Remote API or other API’s to take orders in the WooCommerce Shop and then give the purchaser access to memberships, cCap or Specific Post/Page products in the external S2Member Site?

Steve

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 1:38 pm #56043

It certainly sounds do-able to me. I’ve played around a little bit with WooCommerce, but I’m not aware of any plugin that exists which will do all of this automatically. I would suggest using the s2Member® Pro Remote Operations API; or perhaps just the API Notifications provided by s2Member® to accomplish this. In either case though, it’s most likely going to require at least a small custom script.

See: Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API

Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 4:56 pm #56054
Steve Wolk
Username: stevew123

Thanks Mike. Yes, I expect that it will take some custom programming – just want to know that it can be done. WooCommerce has all kinds of hooks, so that won’t be the issue. The issue is – is there a way to remote add new users to s2Member from a different site and to also give access to those users to specific membership levels, cCaps, and Specific Pages/Posts.

If anyone knows definitively that is can be done please reply to this thread. And any details on how that would be accomplished would also be much appreciated.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 6:53 pm #56298
@stevew123

Thanks Mike. Yes, I expect that it will take some custom programming – just want to know that it can be done. WooCommerce has all kinds of hooks, so that won’t be the issue. The issue is – is there a way to remote add new users to s2Member from a different site and to also give access to those users to specific membership levels, cCaps, and Specific Pages/Posts.

If anyone knows definitively that is can be done please reply to this thread. And any details on how that would be accomplished would also be much appreciated.

Can definitely be done. While the s2Member® Pro Remote Operations API is still in an experimental state, it’s already equipped with the ability to create, modify and/or delete users with all of the controls that you mentioned. There is documentation and example code provided in the Dashboard when you have s2Member® Pro.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.