latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Issues with reg for after upgrading Pro

Home Forums Community Forum Issues with reg for after upgrading Pro

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 12:26 pm #32606

Hi there
I upgraded the s2Member Pro module on my site: http://www.huntfortruth.org

Ever since I upgraded I am having several issues. This ticket is specifically for the First Name field on my reg form.

What is happenign is that the user is receivng a “you must enter somethign in this field” error message for the First Name field even though they have entered content into that field. This is primarily happening in Internet Explorer. So far no one has reported it happening in any other browser

I have disabled ALL plugins on the site and the problem persists. Please advise
thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 4:03 pm #32633
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

Can you tell us specifically which version of Internet Explorer this is happening with?

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:03 am #32704

We are experiencing issues with IE 7 and IE 8 but its working good on IE 9. We are testing on a Win 7 machine.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 2:41 pm #32731
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hello,

I’m not aware of any validation issues with IE7/IE8. Could you please try switching to the default WordPress theme (TwentyEleven) and test again? There’s a chance this issue is caused by a JavaScript conflit with your theme. In the meantime, I’m going to consult with another support rep and see if he has any suggestions.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 10:29 am #32779

I will try that and report the results

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 1:33 pm #32794

Switching to default TwentyEleven theme produced postive results with the reg form on all version of IE. The First name field works with default Twenty Ten theme
Therefore, you are correct in that it is a javascirpt conflict.

We are examining our code. Will report findings.

If you have any input that you you feel would be helpful please post

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 3:41 pm #32804
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Thanks for the update. Every theme is different so it’s hard to offer specific advice for what to look for. However, I’d start with using a JavaScript debugger in Chrome or Firefox and seeing if there are any JavaScript errors that show up when using the custom theme.

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 9:42 am #32902

This issue was in fact a javascript conflict. Un used code was removed and the registration form is working. My theme has been highly customized so I will just be sure to debug javascript after each upgrade.

Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 2:17 pm #32929
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Great. Thanks for the update! :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.