latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

iTunes Happiness

Home Forums Community Forum iTunes Happiness

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 7:08 am #32229
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

I was going to actually test out the remote header authorization scheme but thought i’d post a quick question to the team before wasting a lot of time:

* What would happen if a series of podcasts were posted in the iTunes store?
> would the login be triggered upon previewing the file?
> upon clicking “Subscribe” would the login appear, or just during playback?
> is Apple ok with having paid content in the store?

Thanks for an amazing product!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 5:58 am #32321

Hi James.

I don’t know the answer to those questions, they’re very good and I haven’t had to deal with them yet. I’ll ask Jason and let you know as soon as I hear back from him. :)

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 5:55 am #32530
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

Upon subscribing to the feed, the iTunes application should request a username/password. Subsequent requests in the same iTunes session should not require additional authorization. However, if the user is already subscribed, and returns for a later session, they might be prompted again to enter authorization details before being allowed to access any protected media made available in the feed. Authorization is good for one session of iTunes in most cases, depending upon the configuration of iTunes on the user’s computer.

Please see this video tutorial: http://www.s2member.com/videos/71F49478D6983A9C/

is Apple ok with having paid content in the store?

I’m not aware of any policies that iTunes may have about this within the store. I’m aware that the iTunes application does support protected feeds and content, but whether they allow it to be listed in the store (or not), I’m not sure about. Please let us know if you have an experience you can share.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.