latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

JW Player RTMP streaming and Amazon S3 issue

Home Forums Community Forum JW Player RTMP streaming and Amazon S3 issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 11:21 am #42588
Novus Ineo
Username: novusineo

Hi there!
I’m not sure what’s wrong but after I follow all the points described at this great step by step tutorial (http://www.s2member.com/kb/jwplayer-s2stream-shortcodes/) I can’t get it working…

Everything is done according to the tutorial and I just get a rectangle with a grayish/squarish grid and no video output…

Tested all the shortcodes and all are having the same result…
S3/Cloudfront is configured according to the s2Member requirement, the Bucket is done and the video.mp4 is up, jwplayer folder + all files are up at the root of my site…
Lastly, I’ve updated the s2member plug in yesterday…

Well, as far as I can see it’s all there but I can’t get it right obviously…

Could you please help?

Thx!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 6:48 pm #42618
Echomango
Username: echomango

One of the mistakes I made when I first started up the S3/Cloud for videos was to not make the files “public.” I was unaware at the time that not only did I need to place the files in the bucket but after putting them there I needed to make each file “public” via the “action” drop down at the top of the page. (highlight file, click action drop down for public)

You have probably done this already but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 1:50 am #42784
Novus Ineo
Username: novusineo

Hi Echomango and thank you for your comment.

Yes, all files were public… what I actually discovered is that the issue was the JWPlayer WP plugin installed… I disabled the plugin and all worked well.

Now my new issues are:

1- Can’t get level 0 to view the video… even File Downloads (Level #0 or Higher); set to 999999999 every 365 days. Level 1 and above are fine.
I’m using the Video Shortcode Example: JW Player® (RTMP streaming MP4, via s2Member’s Amazon® S3/CloudFront integration)

2- I can’t get the player to be aligned “center”. (Using the same shortcode above)

3- Lastly, I can’t get any video to work on iPhone. Using the generic video/mp4 and same shortcode above. The message is:
Error loading media: File could not be played !

Help form anyone? Thanks!

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 7:35 am #42794

1- Can’t get level 0 to view the video… even File Downloads (Level #0 or Higher); set to 999999999 every 365 days. Level 1 and above are fine.

Does the protected file download work when you’re not doing it with the stream shortcode?
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage[/hilite]

3- Lastly, I can’t get any video to work on iPhone. Using the generic video/mp4 and same shortcode above. The message is:
Error loading media: File could not be played !

What version of JW Player are you using?

Could you submit the site’s info and include the address of the page where you have the shortcode? Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.