latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

JW Player window doesn't show

Home Forums Community Forum JW Player window doesn't show

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Lucy Brown 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 2:17 am #41536

Hi,

I have S2Member configured with Amazon S3, Amazon Cloudfront and JW Player. I can get videos playing through this setup, but the video player does not even show up for some people. The video window doesn’t even show up; firebug shows empty space where the video should be.

I tried disabling all other plugins and reverting back to the default theme, but there was no change. I have been through other forum posts but can’t find an answer to this issue.

Here’s an example of a working video on the site (outside the paywall, but via AWS and JW Player: http://seeyourfeelings.com/video/test-video-bunny/. Some people can see this video fine and others can’t. Other videos have problems in that they play but don’t show video; I think this is a JW Player issue and I’m asking about that on the JW Player forum.

I think I inadvertently hijacked an earlier thread with my question, sorry if that was inappropriate.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 1:35 am #41666
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I took a look at the source code of the link that you posted, and there was no page content at all. JW Player is loading but nothing is being called in the page content. Are you using s2Member JW Player shortcodes? Could you post what you’re using to put your video on this page?

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 1:43 am #41672

Hi, thanks for your reply. I’m using the shortcode below to call JWPlayer:

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" player_width="480" player_height="270" file_download="bunny.mp4" /]

Strange you get no content, the video plays fine for me in chrome, but not in Safari. I added some text below the video, which I can read in Chrome.

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 4:11 am #41810
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" player_width="480" player_height="270" file_download="bunny.mp4" /]

That shortcode looks fine. I am going to send this to Jason to look at. Could you please send us login information for your installation so we can run diagnostics?

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 12:48 pm #41890

Hi, you didn’t provide an email address to send the admin credentials to; I send to your main email address s2member@websharks.com with the title of this forum thread intact and from the email address registered with this account.

This is a huge issue for us, videos are primary content and aren’t loading for a large percentage of users. I hope you get the admin credentials, but feel free to contact me in case you need any more info.

Thanks! (James, for Lucy)

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 8:13 pm #41918
Bruce
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you.

I’m taking a look in your installation now.

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 8:22 pm #41919

Thanks! interestingly enough, Flowplayer is serving up protected videos pretty well. Not sure which player to go with here.

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 8:53 pm #41921
Bruce
Staff Member

Investigation complete.

Jason confirms, the issue here is that you are not setting a Download Key in your shortcode:

You can simply add download_key=”1″ to your shortcode, and it will now work. The issue was with the fact that some Users were not logged in to view the video. Adding the Download Key will allow EVERYONE that views your page see the video. Otherwise, only logged-in Users can see the video. I have changed this on your test page.

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 11:08 am #42275

Thanks, this is verified working!

I definitely didn’t find this in the documentation, I wonder if I missed that or if the doc should be updated. We have all our videos handled by JWPlayer and AWS using the s2member shortcode, so some will necessarily have to be on public pages.

Thanks for this assistance.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.