latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Keep track of customer's downloads.

Home Forums Community Forum Keep track of customer's downloads.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 12:12 pm #28000
Deyson Ortiz
Username: deyson

Hello.

I was thinking of offering a plan where customers can download a certain number of downloads per price. My only worry is that if a customer has a problem or needs to redownload how can I know what it is that they downloaded?

Any suggestions or advice would be great! Thank you :)

_Deyson Ortiz

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:53 pm #28052
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Deyson,

s2Member doesn’t currently do any logging of the downloaded files, so if you needed to see that information you’d need to write your own code that handles the logging/tracking of downloads.

We’re looking to improve this aspect of the downloads feature in the next major release of the software.

Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:20 am #28103
Deyson Ortiz

When is this much anticipated major release coming out? :)

Thank you!

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 4:20 pm #28738
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

We do not currently have a release date, but we will make an announcement as soon as we’re ready to. :) Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 5:08 pm #28751
Deyson Ortiz

Will there be options for Pay Pal Advanced and Stripe with this new update?

Thank you :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 8:06 am #28822

Most likely. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 8:29 am #28824
Deyson Ortiz

I hope so I would love to be able to cut my expenses with PayPal Pro.

So you guys are becoming like Apple with the mystery releases dates :)

I am looking forward to it!

Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 11:04 am #30317
Nigel
Username: nduckworth

IMO this is a serious hole in s2member, glad to hear it is in the works. It would be great to browse users and see their downloads (and pages visited); and export a list of users with their downloads (or top 5 downloads).

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 3:45 am #30397

Right, we’ll be adding a lot more logging to s2Member so things like these may be possible. I’m not sure it’ll satisfy everyone, but we’ll try to satisfy as many as possible with the new features. :)

For now, though, you could try using a tracking script/service and add some variables (like user ID) to the file links, in order to know what files are downloaded most, etc.

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 3:51 pm #30485
Nigel

Thanks for the reply Cristián. Quick question, I’m using Google Analytics so can filter by URL and pull out the most requested URL/downloads. How do I reference the user ID or say last name in my links, is there a shortcode I can use?

http://mysite.com/?s2member_file_download=mypdf.pdf&s2member_file_inline=no&user=WHAT

Thanks.

Posted: Saturday Nov 3rd, 2012 at 7:11 am #30537

s2Member makes it possible to get some data through shortcodes. Please check these: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants[/hilite].

For the username, you’d use

[[s2Get constant="S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_LOGIN" /]]

If you need other variables not available there, you can always install a PHP execution plugin and use PHP in your content.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Nov 3rd, 2012 at 10:46 am #30554
Nigel

That helps a lot, thanks Cristián!

Posted: Sunday Nov 4th, 2012 at 5:52 am #30581

Great. :)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.