latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Level 1 Dripping Content Level 2 Full Access

Home Forums Community Forum Level 1 Dripping Content Level 2 Full Access

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 12:31 am #32308
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

I currently have a about 25 or 30 pages that are dripping in sequence to all Level 1 members based on their registration date. This content is dripping to them on a monthly basis, which coincides closely with their monthly renewal fees. This is all great. I am currently using this….

= 120 || current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_showme120)){ ?>

Obviously the timeframes are different every month. But I just want to share what is already in place.

Here’s what I want to add.

I want to offer an annual membership at a discount rate that a member can pay me up-front one time, which gives them full access to all of the content that a Level 1 Member has dripped to them monthly. So instead of waiting every 30 days for new content, the member has the ability to pay a one-time fee and get everything at once.

How would I go about doing this, without modifying any of my existing level 1 members capabilities?

Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 7:40 am #32343

Hi Vegas.

It’d probably just take editing the condition a little, but I can’t see well what you already have. Could you post it again, but inside HTML code tags?

Thanks!

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 6:07 pm #32454
VegasKev

sorry….i used the quote tags on accident….rookie move there for sure…lol

here it is.

<?php if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 120 || current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_showme120)){ ?>
Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 7:47 am #32472

I see. Well, if you want to show that to anyone with Level 1 access, then you’d add to that condition [hilite code]current_user_can('access_s2member_level1')[/hilite].

[hilite pre_code]
= 120 || current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_showme120') || current_user_can('access_s2member_level1')) { ?>
[/hilite]

By the way, your check for the ccap was missing the quotes around the string.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 1:34 pm #32481
VegasKev

Thank you Cristian, but I’m not trying to give all level 1 members full access, I’m trying to setup an by-product of level 1 membership whereas some people have the option of purchasing all 12 months for a discounted one-time price. I need to give THOSE people full access to all the content in the level 1 membership so they don’t have to wait for each new section of content to be dripped to them.

So what about this scenario….Tell me what you think of this.

Step 1: Create a custom capability designated to giving full access to level 1 memberships. I could call the custom capability something like…

'level1_full_access'

Step 2: I place that new custom capability….

'level1_full_access'

…in the Authorize.net Capabilities Buy Now Pro Form as a custom capability automatically given to anyone who purchases through that pro form…

Step 3: I then add that custom capability string into my conditionals that are placed around my dripped content like so….

<?php if (S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 120 || current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_showme120') || current_user_can('level1_full_access')) { ?>

Or …are you saying that the custom capability that you advised me to use, already does that, and I should just add it to my conditional strings and then add it to a “Buy Now” Pro Form and be done with it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:25 am #32575

Create a custom capability designated to giving full access to level 1 memberships.

Do you mean giving full access to level 1 content?

Step 2: I place that new custom capability…. ‘level1_full_access’

If you sell the ccap as [hilite mono]'level1_full_access'[/hilite], then the full name to use in the conditional would be [hilite mono]'access_s2member_ccap_level1_full_access'[/hilite].

Then your code would be:

[hilite pre_code]
= 120 || current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_showme120') || current_user_can('access_s2member_ccap_level1_full_access')) { ?>
[/hilite]

are you saying that the custom capability that you advised me to use, already does that

[hilite mono]'access_s2member_level1'[/hilite] is not an s2Member custom capability, it’s the WP capability that gives access to content restricted at Level 1. If you give a user the s2Member Level 1 WP role or higher, he’d have that WP capability.

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #32611
VegasKev

Thank you for your help Cristian. I appreciate it.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:52 am #32678

Glad I could help. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.