latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Level 1 New Members being bumped to "Free"

Home Forums Community Forum Level 1 New Members being bumped to "Free"

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 10:53 am #8740
hbgi
Username: hbgi

Hi There,

I have recently noticed a problem on my membership site. When people join, for some reason they are paying for the level 1 membership the system is making them “Free” level members instead of “Level 1″.

I am using the same Authorize.net Pro form code I created several months ago and has worked fine up till now:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level=”1″ ccaps=”” desc=”TPC Membership – 1 Year @ $47.00 / then $67 USD / Annually (recurring charge, for ongoing access)” cc=”USD” custom=”mydomian.com” ta=”47.00″ tp=”1″ tt=”Y” ra=”67″ rp=”1″ rt=”Y” rr=”1″ accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” accept_coupons=”0″ default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ success=”/thank-you/” /]

Any ideas?

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 11:25 am #8747
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

Are you running the latest versions of s2Member and WordPress?

Also, to help with further debugging, please enable logging (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Account Details -› Logging), conduct another test, and then share the details for that transaction from the log files in wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/ (be sure to X-out any private information).

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 11:41 am #8752
hbgi

Yes, I do have the latest version of both S2member (2.3) and WordPress. I made sure of that last week.

I will set up the logging and let you know the results. I should get some more memberships today, so I’ll get info soon.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  hbgi.
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 12:18 pm #8759
hbgi

Apparently this was turned on. I downloaded a few recent logs (and then checked some old ones), however I am not able to open in Excel to filter the data and when I open them in notepad they are just this HUGE long compilation of data.

I’m not sure how to filter this and get to the info I need.

Scratch that…..
I just realized there were two types of logs….I am looking at the correct log now. I will get the info to you in a few moments.

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:15 pm #8838
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hello,

The logs are not meant to be opened with Excel; they are plain text files. The best way to search for the transactions in question is to search for either the email address or the PayPal Transaction ID.

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 5:12 pm #8862
hbgi

I’m still confused with what you need.

There are two files authnet-api and authnet-ipn. Both have info on transactions. I’ve isolated one customer in particular who I was researching.

Even with one customer, it is a lot of info…do you want to see that?

When people pay for a membership, I give them two choices. They can pay either right there with Authorize.net or they can click a PayPal button and use their PayPal account.

Both short codes are generated through S2Member Pro.

Anyone using PayPal is fine. They are put in the level 1 membership. Anyone using the Authorize.net option seems to go to a “Free Subscriber”.

This just started happening a couple weeks ago. I noticed it on a few and now it seems to be consistent.

I went ahead are redid the short code for Authorize.net and the same things keeps happening.

So that gets me back to the original question on this post….what exactly are you looking for me to give you from the log?

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 5:12 pm #8863
hbgi

P.S. thanks for your help by the way! :)

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 11:56 am #8917
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Joanne,

Please provide any log entries related to the transaction in question (the transaction that should’ve gone to Level 1 but remained a Free Subscriber) from both authnet-api.log and authnet-ipn.log. The information in those logs will help us diagnose the problem.

To keep the formatting clean, you can wrap the log entires in code tags before posting them. Also, please x-out any private information (such as email addresses).

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 2:39 pm #8946
hbgi

Okay, I think I’ve got what you need. I xx’d out or changed identifying info for my customer.

Let me know if you need something else. Thanks for checking this out.

Here is the info from Authnet-ipn

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 6:30 am #9196
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread…

Everything here is looking good. So let’s take this to the next step please.

Please submit a Dashboard login for us here so we can run diagnostics on your installation.
s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:13 am #9226
Staff Member

Thank you. I’ve just taken a look at your installation.

I find that you have 27 other plugins active, so this makes it somewhat difficult to troubleshoot s2Member’s functionality as it exists on your installation. If problems persist, I would suggest a test installation within a clean WordPress install, running only s2Member and the default theme for WordPress.

That being said, I found that you’re running DB caching plugins, which are known to cause problems for dynamic updates during and after checkout routines, and for other plugins that attempt frequent updates to User accounts within WordPress. I would try debugging this issue by first disabling any cache plugin that goes above and beyond normal page caching provided by Quick Cache and/or another page caching plugin, such as W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache. These plugins are fine to run with s2Member, but please disable DB and/or Object caching.

1. I’d steer away from any DB and/or object caching functionality. Particularly object caching.
~ these are known to cause problems for membership sites.

Or, possibly exclude User updates from DB caching.
Exclude: _users|_usermeta

2. Your s2Member log files indicate that s2Member is functioning properly. So this leads me to conclude (at least for now) that another plugin is somehow introducing a conflict either during or after s2Member’s routines are processed.

Notes…
I noticed that you have what looks like some corrupted User/Member Roles. You might consider installing the User Role Editor plugin to inspect the Roles/Capabilities in your installation. s2Member also provides a tool that will allow you to reset your s2Member Roles in case they’ve been damaged by another plugin.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Levels/Labels -> Reset Roles/Capabilities
See also: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

Notes…
A quick search through your other existing plugins does not reveal any major conflicts. Thus, I still suspect caching is the underlying issue here.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:44 am #9230
hbgi

Hi Jason,

You are a genius!!

I deleted the DB caching plugin. That must have been the issue. I had just loaded that recently when I was trying to get another forum plugin to work and the developer suggested it was WP Super Cache causing the problem. The forum plugin ultimately did not work for me, so I deleted it and went with a simpler forum plugin.

After deleting the DB Caching plugin, I just went ahead and registered myself (and paid for a membership) and it worked perfectly!!

Thank you!

So based on what you said, I can go back to WP Super Cache which is what I was using before. Correct?

Also, regarding corrupted User/Member Roles, if I run that reset in S2Member, will it change any of my members’ status? I just don’t want to get a bunch of emails from members saying they can’t get in. :)

Thank you again! You’ve made my day!

Joanne

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 1:08 pm #9250
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Joanne,

That is correct, you can use WP Super Cache with s2Member.

Also, the Reset Roles/Capabilities does not change the status or role assigned to any users. It simply resets the default internal Role/Capability sets that come with s2Member.

If you’ve used a role editor to manually change the role/capabilities (e.g., what the s2member_level1 role is allowed to do within WordPress), or if another plugin corrupted those default roles/capabilities like Jason suggested may be the case, then you can reset those changes back to the way s2Member expects them to be using that button.

As long as you haven’t intentionally used something like a Role Editor plugin to make changes to those default s2Member roles/capabilities, using that button will be safe. But as with anything, it never hurts to do a database backup beforehand if you’re unsure. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #9252
hbgi

Thanks Raam. I appreciate the info. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 2:34 pm #9261
Raam Dev
Staff Member

You’re welcome! :)

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.