latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Limiting Profile Field textbox entry length

Home Forums Community Forum Limiting Profile Field textbox entry length

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 3:06 am #9431
ASTONISH
Username: astonish

Hi!
In my user profile fields through s2member, I have included a multi-line text area for a short bio. Is there any way to limit the size of this? I’ve already had a member type an insanely long bio for this area, and I’d like to curb this.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:13 pm #9521
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Gary,

When you create the custom registration field (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields), use the Other Attributes field at the bottom and add maxlength=”250″ (where ‘250’ is the maximum number of characters allowed).

Posted: Friday Mar 30th, 2012 at 4:15 am #9563

I’m afraid HTML doesn’t have an attribute to limit the length in textarea. Text has maxlength, but textarea doesn’t really have a limit.

You can use JavaScript to do it, though. You may have seen some interfaces that have a character counter as you type even, and will give you an error if you’re over the limit. E.g. forum profile forms in the signature textarea.

http://google.com/search?q=textarea+maxlength

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.