latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

List server transition

Home Forums Community Forum List server transition

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 3:47 pm #9135
Ryan Ghods
Username: ralxz

Hey s2member.

I have two list servers with autoresponders in mailchimp, a free newsletter and a paid newsletter.

If a user upgrades, they get transitioned from the free newsletter to the paid newsletter. Great.

However, if they cancel/are demoted, they get put back in the free newsletter. Which is a problem because then the list starts sending them autoresponder emails to upgrade again, which is not what I want to do.

Is there any way to transition upgrades, but just remove them for downgrade? Or for downgrade, move them to another list (e.g. I could create a Ex-Members list)

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 1:58 am #9170

Hi Ryan.

That’s a great question. The current s2Member doesn’t have that, so you’d need to customize it with a hack. s2Member’s codex can be found here:
http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/list_servers/c_ws_plugin__s2member_list_servers/

I hope that helps!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 4:40 am #9181
Ryan Ghods

Cristian,

Thanks for the help. I’m looking at the codex and am a bit confused on how to code this hack. Would I be using this?

@attaches-to “add_action(“ws_plugin__s2member_during_collective_eots”);“

How could I stop the list transition on EOT and instead put in a hack to go to another mailchimp list?

I already have my s2 hacks file all set up so if you could help me with this code that’d be great.

Thanks for all the help.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 7:52 am #9206
Staff Member

Untested, but you can give this a shot please.

Create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
( these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins )

<?php
add_action("ws_plugin__s2member_before_auto_process_list_server_removals", "my_auto_process_list_server_removal_exclusions");
function my_auto_process_list_server_removal_exclusions($vars)
	{
		if($vars&#91;"mod_new_role"&#93; === "subscriber") // Remove, but don't transition them.
			$GLOBALS&#91;"WS_PLUGIN__"&#93;&#91;"s2member"&#93;&#91;"o"&#93;&#91;"custom_reg_auto_opt_out_transitions"&#93; = "0";
	}
?>
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 8:17 am #9209
Ryan Ghods

Jason,

Awesome, thanks. I’ll give this a try. Any idea on how I can instead transition them to another custom list? (e.g. a Deleted Subscribers list on Mailchimp so I can try to get them to sign up again with a coupon or something)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 9:31 am #9217
Staff Member

You could try something like this perhaps. So instead of disabling transitions, you would allow them to occur, but change where the User/Member ends up in this particular scenario.

<?php
add_action("ws_plugin__s2member_before_auto_process_list_server_removals", "my_auto_process_list_server_removal_exclusions");
function my_auto_process_list_server_removal_exclusions($vars)
	{
		if($vars&#91;"mod_new_role"&#93; === "subscriber") // Transition to a special list ID.
			{
				$my_demoted_members_list_ID = "sse4Kjseo"; // MailChimp List ID here.
				$GLOBALS&#91;"WS_PLUGIN__"&#93;&#91;"s2member"&#93;&#91;"o"&#93;&#91;"level0_mailchimp_list_ids"&#93; = $my_demoted_members_list_ID;
				// ^ Updating this configuration value temporarily during this particular scenario.
			}
	}
?>
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.