latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

List transitions from free access to paid

Home Forums Community Forum List transitions from free access to paid

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 12:16 pm #31588

I’ve set up Mailchimp integration for level 1, but also have free registration open, to act as ‘user moderation’ – e.g. users can register for free, then we manually change their role to level 1 once they’re approved.

I can’t seem to get s2member to process the list subscription for level 1 when doing it this way. I’ve set Automate Unsubscribe to ‘Anytime a users role changes’ and ‘Also process list transitions’ is set to ‘Yes, even if NOT removed…’. But still nothing – the Mailchimp API doesn’t register a call being made (which is does if I add the list ID to level 0). I even tried creating a dummy list for level 0 so it had something to transition ‘from’, but still nothing.

Can it only cope with users moving ‘down’? Is there another way to trigger list subscriptions on manual upgrade?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 5:17 pm #31617
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Andy,

When you manually changed their role from Dashboard -> Users -> Edit User, did you make sure that “Allow List Transitioning” was checked (“Yes, automatically transition this User’s mailing list subscription(s) when/if I change their Role.”)?

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 3:56 am #31664

As we will have multiple members to approve at any one time, I made the role change from the main user list via the dropbox (Change Role to …), rather than from within the Edit User screen of an individual user. However, having checked the specific user I was changing to test this with, the checkbox ‘Allow List Transitioning’ was checked.

I’ve retried it from within the ‘Edit User’ screen, and the list transitioning works as expected, so it appears that it’s just not being processed when done from the main user list screen via the dropbox. Could you confirm this?

Thanks.

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 8:54 am #31679

Hi Andy.

Do you have the “Anytime a User’s Role changes (including manual changes)” setting enabled? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Automate Unsubscribes/Opt-Outs[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 9:33 am #31689

Yup – that’s what I was referring to in the original message. I ticked the main box which then ticked the 3 sub-boxes.

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 3:16 pm #31717
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Thanks for the update, Andy. It sounds like this might be a quirk with how s2Member is catching the Role Changed action. I’m going to send the lead developer a message and see if he can confirm and fix this in the next maintenance release. Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 12:12 pm #32422
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Andy,

I heard back from the lead developer and here’s what he said:

The only hook that WordPress makes available during mass promotions/demotions, is the underlying set_role action in the WP_Users class. Unfortunately, hooking into this action has some negative repercussions that can cause endless loops for s2Member if we used it this way.

There are a few hackety ways around this, but unfortunately nothing that will be straightforward enough for a maintenance release.

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 9:24 am #33705

Thanks – if you could share the hackey solution, that would be great – we can decide if it’s worth the risk / effort, or if we can work around it until it’s fixed properly (I presume from your message that it is on the fix list, just that it won’t be quick?).

I have a related question on processing list on imported users, but I’ll start a new thread so it can have an accurate title – perhaps it’s connected with this issue?

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 6:19 am #33856

It’s something that we’ll solve in the next generation of s2Member, but won’t be doing it with the WP Users list.

I’m afraid that Jason would need to code the hack first in order to share it, and he doesn’t mean to since it’s complicated and already has a better approach for the next generation. The current s2Member is only being updated to fix existing features if needed, but not to add new ones.

I suggest that you try getting a freelance develpoer from a site like jobs.wordpress.net, odesk.com or elance.com.

Posted: Thursday Dec 13th, 2012 at 8:29 am #34462

Thanks – is this on a roadmap / timeline anywhere? Just wondering if we can wait for the next release, or whether we need to fix it sooner than that…

Thanks.

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 7:15 am #34641

No time for it yet, so you may prefer to customize yours sooner than that.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.