latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Loading Stream: ID not found on the server

Home Forums Community Forum Loading Stream: ID not found on the server

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:11 am #44456

Hi there,
Hope you can help me on this matter.

I have completed the integration between s2Member and Amazon S3.
I have completed the integration between s2Member and CloudFront.
Files are inside the bucket and distribuion is properly created.
I didn’t create any CNAME records.

By my side seems to be everything correct configured, because I can play and watch videos.

But, registered members are asking me support because they cannot play and watch videos.
They get the related error: Error loading stream: ID not found on the server.

I had some thoughts about it: May my cache allows me to play videos, or there is some restriction with IP address that stop other users to watch videos.

I don’t know what to do in order to allows my members to play videos.

Thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:19 am #44458
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

It is your encoding thats faulting.. We experienced this as well in the beginning when we started hosting our videos.

Make sure your videos have:

content-type video/mp4

Also, you need to have your videos encoded to MP4, they need to have moov flags (or faststart).

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:21 am #44459
Ronnie
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:53 am #44465

I checked videos and are correct encoded to mp4.
I did another test… I call 5 of my members asking if the can play videos.

Results: 2 guys can see the videos, 1 guy can see the video but have some streaming problems (slow streaming), 2 other guys cannot play the video and get the related error back.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:56 am #44466
Ronnie

Id gladly help, but I need an url to inspect..

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:59 am #44467

Do you need an URL where Video are supposed to be located?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:00 am #44468
Ronnie

an url to a video on your site, or an url to where I can download one of your videos.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:04 am #44469

Well, videos are located in a restricted are of the website. To let you login and test videos I need to give you a member access. How to do that privately?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:06 am #44470
Ronnie

write an email to REMOVED

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:28 am #44471
Ronnie

I have inspected your video: TRADING STRATEGY – VIDEO 2

Its encoded correctly, and your shortcode for rtmp and file fallback is 100% correct.

You might want to try and NOT use cloudfront and see if that helps.

In your shortcode, use [s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6" etc etc /].
If you use this, youre not using cloudfront, and people will view your videos straight from your bucket.
Try this, and see if people are still complaining.. Also, I would not suspect that your website even have the need for CloudFront distribution!!

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:31 am #44472

mmm, but I was thinking that to protect videos and streaming it on my website, I had to integrate CloudFront!

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:38 am #44473
Ronnie

Yes, that is correct. It is better to use RTMP ONLY.. It is possible to download the videos with the file fallback.

Perhaps you should ask support HOW you can protect videos with file fallback (the best thing would be to have the key-pair generated by S2member to be valid for only 5 seconds or something) I dont know how S2member handles this.

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 11:10 am #44616

Perhaps you should ask support HOW you can protect videos with file fallback

I don’t think that’s possible with Amazon. This is something Jason told me some time ago:

Content Type, Disposition & Inline Files: An IMPORTANT issue. The query string parameter [hilite mono]&s2member_file_inline=yes[/hilite] does NOTHING for files served via Amazon® CloudFront. s2Member has NO control over the [hilite mono]Content-Type[/hilite] and/or [hilite mono]Content-Disposition[/hilite] headers for a file being served through Amazon® CloudFront, and CloudFront servers do NOT automatically determine the MIME type for the objects they serve. Therefore, when you upload a file to your Amazon® S3 Bucket, you should set its Content-Type header. That is, you MUST configure headers yourself ( such as [hilite mono]Content-Type: video/webm[/hilite], or [hilite mono]Content-Disposition: inline|attachment[/hilite] ) that you want Amazon® CloudFront to send for a particular file. It’s quite easy. You do this by setting [hilite path]Properties -> Metadata[/hilite] ( i.e. headers ) on a per-file basis, from inside your Amazon® S3 Management Console. In short, when you upload a file to your Amazon® S3 Bucket, if you want that file to be served a certain way, be sure to configure its [hilite path]Properties -> Metadata[/hilite] accordingly.

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 11:14 am #44617

mmm, but I was thinking that to protect videos and streaming it on my website, I had to integrate CloudFront!

You need CloudFront for RTMP, but you can still stream with just Amazon S3. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CDN Storage[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 11:47 am #44621
Ronnie

@ Christian.. I think you need to read this thread again ;)

The issue isnt so much CF.. RTMP is secure enough by it self.

What were talking about here, is the KEYPAIR for FILE (bucket streaming) streaming. that is generated by S2Member. For download security reasons, this keypair should not be valid after it has been used 1 time, or it should most definately expire in a matter of seconds.

Example from content source is:

{file: 'http://dnl.XXXXXXX.dk/FILE.mp4?Policy=eyJTdGF0ZW1lbnQiOlt7IlJlc291cmNlIjoiaHR0cDovL2RubC5tb3ZpZWxvY2tlci5kay9jb250YWN0JTJGY29udGFjdF8xNi05XzE4MDBrXzcyMHAubXA0IiwiQ29uZGl0aW9uIjp7IklwQWRkcmVzcyI6eyJBV1M6U291cmNlSXAiOiIxOTMuNDcuODEuODUvMzIifSwiRGF0ZUxlc3NUaGFuIjp7IkFXUzpFcG9jaFRpbWUiOjEzNjMzNjIxOTl9fX1dfQ__&Signature=0cT99PF~xQyjtrfkFfAiLaQAGxXgPsIpi3FHgVnKXZ~b1YadWOI5Cs7V0AxwasOcuJaQiQ9j64G47RTs-MlB7Z5VMMJmWniqDF1XMtms3kCSPEY~AC0Wvv4zFKgY4YkOAbcvnbO46o9ofCDsDVH81LrYDSfxDIrSvcawTe9oFYg_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAICEBU5HLY5KQ67JA'}

If users grab this code, they can distribute it around the net, and/or download YOUR video file.

This has nothing to do with RTMP streaming as you suggest in your response above.

So, like I said, to better protect our content, you should tell us how, or develop a setting that would render the Key-Pair useless after 1 click, or expires after.. lets say 10 seconds.. Preferably, it should expire after 1st click.

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:11 pm #44625

I’m sorry, I thought I was answering correctly the question I quoted.

Regarding Amazon URL expiration, here’s a hack to change the time: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/cloudfront-and-rtmp-streaming-jw/#post-6608

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.