latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Locally Served Video File with JW Player

Home Forums Community Forum Locally Served Video File with JW Player

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  360 cold 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 5:10 am #17354
360 cold
Username: lockin360

Hi I have just purchased your s2member pro package and I am very happy with it. However, I am running into trouble when I try to run my own server hosted video files.

1. I have downloaded and uploaded the “jwplayer” as you instructed and put it under my root file on my server.
2. I went to s2member>>Download Options>>JW Player & RTMP Protocol Examples>>JW Player (MP4 file, via Rewrite Urls. Amazon S3/CloudFront NOT required) to copy the code and pasted onto my one of my page.
3. This is the code I pasted into my page. (since I am trying to test out the sample file I did not make changes to it. (although, I have tried to put my url in front of /jwplayer/ on the first line between the quote(“)

JW Player® appears here.
<script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer.js”>

jwplayer(“jw-container”).setup({modes: /* JW Player®. */
[
/* First try psuedo-streaming with Flash® player. */
{type: “flash”, provider: “http”, src: “player.swf”,
config: {file: “/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/”}},
/* Shortcode equivalent: [s2File rewrite="yes" inline="yes" download="" /] */

/* Else, try an HTML5 video tag. */
{type: “html5”, provider: “video”,
config: {file: “/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/”}},

/* Else, this is a safe fallback. */
{type: “download”, /* Download the file. */
config: {file: “/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/”}}
],
/* Set video dimensions. */ width: 480, height: 270
});

4. The result I get it a page where it is just blank without anything. I can’t even see the video being placed anywhere in the webpage.

Please let me know what is wrong with this.

PS: I was able to run JW Player with Bits on the Run with no problem. However, when it comes to my own server it just would not show. I did have it running before when I didn’t have your server activated into pro (just the free version).

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 7:51 pm #17431
DrByte
Username: DrByte

Try absolute path to JW Player files

http://www.site.com/jwplayer/jwplayer.js

Also,

/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/

Might not work on some hosting accounts. Try the default.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  DrByte.
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 7:53 pm #17433
360 cold
Username: lockin360

tried that one, it did not work. Ever since I use bit on the run from jw player. So far, the only time when it half work is on my ipad and it only shows green screen sometimes with audio and when on regular pc it shows nothing.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.