latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login Form Widget: CSS/html change

Home Forums Community Forum Login Form Widget: CSS/html change

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 4:52 pm #31731

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 7:08 pm #31741

Thought I’d reply to this as I seem to have an answer. And yes, the code gets overwritten during an update as this is editing core files – not advisable but needs must …

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Rich.
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 7:53 am #31754

This is very strange. I edited the profile-in.inc.php file taking out the breaks that are entered after the labels for each of the profile fields but nothing changed online. Is this the wrong file to edit? It would be great if someone could help me out here as I’ve limited space to show the profile form, hence the need to float the label and input side by side.

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 9:49 am #31774

Thought I’d reply to this as I seem to have an answer. And yes, the code gets overwritten during an update as this is editing core files – not advisable but needs must …

For the login widget, copying the file you edit to the must-use plugins directory would prevent having it overwritten on update. http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6492#p58763

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 3:55 pm #31822

Thanks for that. It helps. The only thing is the edits I made haven’t made a jot of difference – a bit like the translation -ja.mo file that’s gone into the plugins/ directory.

I must be doing something wrong here. I edit the profile-in.inc.php file, taking out the breaks I don’t want. I save it and then i ftp it using Filezilla to the mu plugins directory.

Could file permissions have something to do with this?

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 4:15 pm #31826

Okay, I recreated the file path so mu-plugins/s2member/includes/classes and put the profile-in.inc.php file there. No difference. I tried putting it in mu-plugins/ root. That didn’t work either. I did fix my other issue. The .mo fix was to add the locale to the wp-config.php WP-LANG setting. I’m just really stuck on this removal of breaks. Has anyone got this working before now?

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 5:08 pm #31831

Okay, thought I’d post this in case someone else has the same problem. It’s a user error … in my haze due to scratching my head for hours on end over this I failed to spot the sc- prefix, ie shortcode. I’d used the shortcode version of the profile form so the form could appear in a page. So, after finding sc-profile-in.inc.php, editing out the breaks and then uploading it to the mu-plugins/ directory the breaks disappeared. All good now though feeling pretty embarrassed!

Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 7:42 pm #31856
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the update! We all experience user error from time to time. :) Glad to hear you solved it!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.