latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

login form

Home Forums Community Forum login form

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 1:33 pm #23607

hi want to upgrade but need answers.
1:your login form i see in the bar at top of this site how is that added in s2
2:can this form/any login form accept logins via facebook eg using the loginradius plugin
we do not need paid subscriptions only free
3: we have two seperate sections on the site that require registration?
A)is forum we are using bbpress and b) private area of site
we want to redirect people to either the forum ore the private page dependng on what link they clicked originally to go to the signup/registration page
is this possible is s2 non paid or only paid
soon as you answere we can buy thanks you so much site is phytomone.com will buy 129 version

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 5:03 am #23655
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Wayne,

Please see my replies below:

1:your login form i see in the bar at top of this site how is that added in s2

s2Member Pro offers the s2Member Pro Login Widget. You can add this widget to any widgetized area of your WordPress theme. If you want to style the login widget, or create your own login form, you’ll need to do that yourself.

2:can this form/any login form accept logins via facebook eg using the loginradius plugin
we do not need paid subscriptions only free

s2Member uses the WordPress authentication system. We don’t provide any direct integration with Facebook, however 3rd party WordPress plugins (like Login Radius) might be compatible with s2Member. The only way to find out is to test it (you can test with the free version of s2Member, as the Pro version uses the same authentication mechanism).

3: we have two seperate sections on the site that require registration?
A)is forum we are using bbpress and b) private area of site
we want to redirect people to either the forum ore the private page dependng on what link they clicked originally to go to the signup/registration page
is this possible is s2 non paid or only paid

Yes, you can have separate areas of the site for free and non-free content. You can also use bbPress with s2Member (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Integrations -› bbPress® in the free version of the plugin).

If you want to learn more about the plugin, I highly recommend watching some of the tutorial videos.

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 5:13 am #23657

thank you on point number 3
if someone tries to access content area 1 and they are directed to signup – i want to be able to redirect them to that area after sign up.
if someone tries to access area 2 i want to redirect them to that area after sign up
how to i achieve this in paid as oppposed to free version?
2:How to create login form for free signups ie no paypal button involved in free version and pro versions?
as soon as i understand i will buy or not we have intergratedd bbpress already in fact we seeem to be using the same theme as you! so i was most impressed to see how the login was added in the top bar i assume this is the menu that goes in the header section in this theme is that ccorrect and that form is only available in the paid version?

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 5:54 am #23665

if someone tries to access area 2 i want to redirect them to that area after sign up
how to i achieve this in paid as oppposed to free version?

When the user gets sent to the Membership Options page, some vars are available, including what page he was sent from. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

In s2Member Pro you have the success attribute available for the PayPal button/pro-form’s shortcode, to specify what URL to send the user to after payment, where you can use the var mentioned earlier.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> success[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

2:How to create login form for free signups ie no paypal button involved in free version and pro versions?

With s2Member Pro you have the Pro Login Widget, which can also be used via PHP. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

If you meant free signups, you can use the free registration pro-form. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

as soon as i understand i will buy or not we have intergratedd bbpress already in fact we seeem to be using the same theme as you! so i was most impressed to see how the login was added in the top bar i assume this is the menu that goes in the header section in this theme is that ccorrect and that form is only available in the paid version?

The login form at the top is not added by s2Member, this site was customized a bit, I’m not sure if it comes with the theme or was added by Jason (our Lead Developer).

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 6:08 am #23671

i am not using paypal as i said so how is it done?

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 6:37 am #23674

so basically i need the pro version so if you could just let me know how you added the login form in the tool bar at the top of your site then im good to go

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 8:08 am #23777

i am not using paypal as i said so how is it done?

Oh, you mean the free registration pro-form? It’s under the PayPal pro-forms page, but since it doesn’t require a payment, you don’t need to use PayPal for that particular form, so it’s not a problem.

so basically i need the pro version so if you could just let me know how you added the login form in the tool bar at the top of your site then im good to go

Well, I don’t know how to edit the admin bar to add items. I guess the theme developer can help you with that, or Google can help, or there’s a plugin for that. s2Member has a login widget that can also be used via PHP.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]
http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_s2member_pro_login_widget%28%29

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 5:59 am #24141

not very useful info then?
you guys have an excellent product
you showcase your login widget from the pro version on your page using a theme which you sell on commission yet you dont tell people how to replicate the exact functionality and styling even AFTER buying the pro version.
its all very well saying you cannot offer coding support to all queries but you are presenting this site s2member.com with the login form at the top of the form with very nice styling and integration
so either give people the code necessary to do the same or explain to people that they will have to hire a developer even after purchasing the pro version to get the same nice look and feel of the demo site ie s2member.com
thanks

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 6:35 am #24277

I’ll email Jason asking him about this.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.