latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login not redirecting to Members Home

Home Forums Community Forum Login not redirecting to Members Home

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Angel True 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 1:55 pm #42307
Angel True
Username: angeltrue

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 1:15 am #42419
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Those variables in the URL are known as MOP Vars.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)

Based on your MOP Vars, it appears that Page ID #33 is considered Systematic by s2Member®. That is, this Page (ID #33) is defined as your Login Welcome Page, but the current User was not logged in to view it. However, you’ve said they actually were. So it sounds there could be problem during the login event itself.

Can you please confirm that you’ve read this KB article for me?
See: Knowledge Base » Don't Mix www, — and Without!

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 1:35 am #42427
Angel True

Jason,
I just took at look at that article.

I NEVER use www anywhere. But just to be sure I took a quick look at the Settings > General and confirmed there’s no www there either. I also checked, just to make sure, that page id 33 is the Members Home page that I have configured under Login Welcome Page.

Like I said, as far as I can tell everything is configured correctly.

Also, just to test everything and make sure I wasn’t missing something I ran through the entire subscribe process again with a new email and new user name. Same results. Still sends me to the Membership Option page with the Blog Nav Bar rather than the Members Home and the Members Nav Bar.

Any other thoughts?

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 1:45 am #42430
Staff Member

You might take a look at these video tutorials for possible conflicts on your installation.

See: Video » s2Member (Content Restriction Trouble?)
See also: Video » s2Member (Login Welcome Page Conflicts?)

If problems persist, please submit a Dashboard login and we’ll run diagnostics for you. Thanks!
Please use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 2:06 pm #42501
Angel True

Jason,
I’m not finding anything in these videos that suggest a problem. I haven’t made any content restrictions other than to my basic content pages using the drop down menu and custom capabilities. Either way, the Members Home page is setup as the Login Welcome Page.

As for the Login Page Conflicts video, I’m using either the WordPress Login or the s2Member Pro Login Widget and nothing that is custom. Neither of these options work.

I will setup and send you some login credentials so you can troubleshoot.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 7:56 pm #42529
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

~ Investigating now.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 8:08 pm #42530
Staff Member

Investigation completed.

I found that your WordPress® installation has had some different versions of bbPress installed on it from the past. It seems to have caused some mild database corruption with respect to Roles/Capabilities in WordPress®. Your default set of Roles/Capabilities for WordPress® was missing several important things.

We’ve reset your Roles/Capabilities for WordPress® and s2Member® back to a default state. This corrects the issue that you have been reporting.

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 9:32 pm #42544
Angel True

Thanks Jason. That thought actually occurred to me after I sent you the Dashboard details.

I want to install BuddyPress and bbPress but have had some compatibility issues with BuddyPress and Optimize Press. I’m assuming I can successfully reinstall bbPress without issue though.

If this problem occurs again can I just use the General Options >> Member Levels/Labels >> Reset Roles/Capabilities button to fix it again?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.