latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login welcome page

Home Forums Community Forum Login welcome page

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 12:26 pm #30163

Hi,
what if I need different login welcome pages for each user type? If this doable? If not how can I remove this option to not be required as I can use a redirect plugin to get what I need.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 1:25 pm #30170
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Geoffrey,

This is possible, not with this method, but rather having one login welcome page, that shows different content depending on the user’s access.

Check out s2Member conditionals, they should give you the functionality that you need:
Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 1:23 pm #30249

Geoffrey, like Eduán said, you can use conditionals to show different things on the same page depending on the type of user.

I prefer the conditionals approach myself, but you can also use the Login Welcome redirection with replacement codes. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page -> Redirection URL[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 1:47 pm #30251

Hi,
can I use there (Redirection URL) something like this:

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level2)]
 level 2 link here
[/s2If]

[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]
 level 1 link here
[/s2If]

I see there %%current_user_level%%, how this can be used, please don’t say that I have to rename my page to 1 or 2 depending on level and use link/%%current_user_level%%

Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 6:42 pm #30282

If you use the redirection URL for the Login Welcome, yes, you’d need to adjust the permalink of the pages for this.

If you use a single Login Welcome page with conditionals, then the permalink is irrelevant, because it has nothing to do with the URL, it’s all in the body of the page.

[[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level2)]
The login welcome message for Level 2 users.
[/s2If]]

[[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]
The login welcome message for Level 1 users.
[/s2If]]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 7:41 pm #30292

%%current_user_level%% is a number? What return this option: a number 1, 2 or level1, level2? Thanks.

Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 8:42 pm #30367
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

The %%current_user_level%% replacement code will return a plain number (e.g., if the user is Level 1, it will return 1).

Posted: Thursday Nov 1st, 2012 at 9:03 pm #30374

Sorry, I got this yesterday and already made the changes. Got desired result. Thanks anyway.

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:50 pm #30489
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thanks for the update, Geoffrey! :) Glad to hear you got it working.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.