latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Login with email instead of username

Home Forums Community Forum Login with email instead of username

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:16 pm #46854
Asif
Username: asifmandozai

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 1:02 pm #46855
cassel
Username: cassel

I dont know if this would solve the problem or not but i bought a plugin called MC+s2M that integrates s2M with MailChimp as a user can register through a MC form and get an s2M account created. In that case, it does create the account with the email address as the username.
You can read about this particular plugin on this thread:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/bidirectional-communication-s2m-mailchimp/

It might, or might not solve your problem but it could be a workaround.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 12:57 am #46998
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I’ve seen wordpress plugins which allow for this functionaality such as: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-email-login/

I have seen many Users use this plugin do accomplish this, but s2Member does not provide this functionality, and we do not intend to. Changing the Username layout is changing a core concept of WordPress, and it could cause issues in the future. If you really need this functionality I would say adding this plugin in would be okay, but you’ll need to keep an eye out for incompatibility in the future. As long as it’s just allowing Users to log in with their email addresses, you should be able to disable the plugin if support for it drops.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.