latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Logout redirects causing 404 errors

Home Forums Community Forum Logout redirects causing 404 errors

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 9:22 am #56026

I have a weird problem, possibly related to this.

I’m using the Theme My Login plugin to provide sidebar login and a few other bits and pieces, such as password reset emails.

On our test server, going to /log-out?_wpnonce=_xyz… causes a redirect to /login?loggedout=true, and everything works as expected – /login is the sign in page and the form is displayed (via TML).

On our production server, I’ve painstakingly copied all the settings from s2 and TML across, but now the /log-out?_wpnonce=abc… causes a redirect to /log-in?loggedout=true – with a hyphen, and this gives a 404 error.

I can’t find anywhere in either s2 or TML where this URL is customised, and as far as I know it has never been changed (by me).

Can you tell me what the default value should be, and if I can reset it somehow?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Andy Burnett.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 10:16 am #56031

OK – I _think_ I’ve temporarily fixed this by changing the slug of the ‘Sign In’ page from ‘login’ to ‘log-in’. At least there’s no 404s now on logging out. Not sure what else might be broken now though :)

I’m going to start from a clean install of WP and try to work out if/when/how this unravels…

Still be interested if you have any pointers, but not urgent now.

Thanks.

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 11:55 pm #56208
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sorry about the delay in response over the weekend.

I’m not familiar with any reason the URL to your login page would be at /login/. I suppose that it’s probably due to the Theme My Login plugin, which I’m not experienced with. I’m going to take this as a suggestion and see if we can look into making sure that s2Member will work 100% with this. That being said, I don’t see this as an s2Member problem here, because you were only getting a 404 where the Theme My Login page should have been.

The default URI for logging in is /wp-login.php. This is the default WordPress login page, and I can tell you that it should work 100% with s2Member, so if you have this problem again I would recommend contacting the developers of Theme My Login, and switching to the default /wp-login.php page.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.