latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Looking for some advice

Home Forums Community Forum Looking for some advice

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 7th, 2013 at 1:24 am #53081

I am working on an online magazine subscription and I could use some advice on the best way to utilize s2 member.

I have two subscription levels – both being quarterly renewals. Level 1 subscription is the magazine basic subscription and the Level 2 is the magazine with research and editor notes included.

I have the welcome page setup and was going to use the conditionals to display the current issue.

We would like to have past issues that they paid for also available… The question is how can I or what is the best way to display issues based on the month they subscribed.

ie(They subscribed in January and it is now July so when they log into their account they would see the 1st and 2nd quarter issues)

I hope this makes sense.

TD

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:07 pm #53103
cassel
Username: cassel

I would recommend that you check this plugin:
http://krumch.com/2012/11/06/kc-s2member-ccap-clock-timer/?ap_id=Cassel

It sounds like what you need. If not, just drop him an email and he might tweak the plugin for your need.

Posted: Sunday Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:56 pm #53105

Thanks Cassel…

Much appreciated – I will check it out. Could you also by chance tell me how I would go about emailing our magazine to people upon subscribing and when the next issue is available? Is this possible?

Thanks again… REALLY appreciate the suggestion….

Posted: Monday Jul 8th, 2013 at 6:21 am #53108
cassel
Username: cassel

I am using the plugin in question, and it simply adds a special code to the ccaps so that if a subscriber start paying in January, all the subsequent issues will be accessible to them, while the next person, who subscribed in June, will only see the June issue and subsequent. So every issue put on your site would need to have that specific ccap and you wont have to change the conditional on it for the current one to display (unless you want the current one to display to all, even if not subscribed).

So, with this, I am not sure why you would need to email the subscriber with the issue as it can be on the site, but only accessible to the subscribers with the correct ccaps. If you really need to email your subscriber, it would have to be done outside of s2M as it does not really have a mailing capability, but you might want to use an auto-responder from MailChimp, aWeber or other mailing list provider.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.