latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Lost all my custom fields and settings

Home Forums Community Forum Lost all my custom fields and settings

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 9:12 pm #50152
CWA NZ
Username: cwaorgnz

I have just updated s2member and s2memberPro to the latest version 130513. When I log back in, I have lost all my custom fields and settings under general options and appears to have reset to the default.

How do I get my settings and custom fields back please?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 12:05 pm #50176
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

The answer is simple.. You cannot.. You forgot/did not enable the S2member safeguard feature.
If you have a SQL backup, you can restore your settings, if you have exported your s2member settings within s2member, you can restore your settings.
If you have neither of the two, you cannot restore them, and you will have to start over.

Posted: Sunday May 19th, 2013 at 2:40 am #50192
CWA NZ

Hi Ronnie,

thanks for responding, do you mean deactivation safeguard feature? I have that set to yes, Safeguard data/options before I upgraded, I will need to see if I have a backup, otherwise, as you say, I will need to start over

Cheers

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 9:50 pm #50520

s2Member has the Deactivation Safeguards enabled by default, did you disable them at some point before the update? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards[/hilite]

I hope you do have a backup you can use to restore the data for the custom profile fields you had.

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 11:48 pm #50531
CWA NZ

Hi,

I am not aware of disabling the safeguard, but I will test this. I am not sure if I have a recent backup, so I may just need to setup my custom fields and re import my members again

Have you had any other clients with the same issue or is it just me?

cheers

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 7:40 pm #50579

No, haven’t seen anyone else have this issue.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.