latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

MailChimp API stopped working

Home Forums Community Forum MailChimp API stopped working

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 27th, 2012 at 1:36 pm #29926

Hello
I have set s2Member to display a check box on the registration form that will sign users up to a mail list in MailChimp on registration.It was working fine a few days ago.

BEtween the time it was working and now, when it is not working, I upgraded the main hosting account for this domain from a shared hosting account to a dedicated IP address. The MX records on this domain also changed. However, all other mail forms work on this domain and other domains on this main domain also have s2Member and the API integration is working for those domains.

Any idea what might be causing the MailChimp API ont his domain to stop working and how can I fix it?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 7:47 am #30010

No, don’t know…

Could you check if you have logging enabled? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite] (it’s logging in general, even if it’s in the PayPal options page)

Enable it and to a test registration, then check if a log was created for MailChimp and post here the entry, please.

Did you change anything other than the server? Like updating other plugins?

Ah, and could upload this to your WP directory and open it in your browser, please? http://www.s2member.com/r/server-check-tool/

Thanks. :)

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 1:19 pm #30035

PayPal logs were NOT previous enabled but are now
Logs were recording tests earlier this morning but seem to have stopped logging subsequent tests.
Last log in file at location /site/wp-content/plugins/s2Member/s2Member Logs

PHP v5.2.17 :: WordPress® v3.4.2 :: s2Member® v121023 :: s2Member® Pro v121023
Memory 35.50 MB :: Real Memory 35.75 MB :: Peak Memory 35.60 MB :: Real Peak Memory 35.75 MB
www.huntfortruth.org/site/register/
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0)
array (
  'function' => 'process_list_servers',
  'func_get_args' => 
  array (
    0 => 'subscriber',
    1 => '0',
    2 => 'ajtest',
    3 => 'b0!d1w$4Kf4I',
    4 => 'alissa72969@hotmail.com',
    5 => 'Alissa',
    6 => 'Test',
    7 => '71.197.224.185',
    8 => true,
    9 => true,
    10 => 128,
  ),
  'api_method' => 'listSubscribe',
  'list' => '43bc5cf774',
  'list_id' => '43bc5cf774',
  'merge_array' => 
  array (
    'MERGE1' => 'Alissa',
    'MERGE2' => 'Test',
    'OPTIN_IP' => '71.197.224.185',
    'OPTIN_TIME' => '2012-10-29 14:28:09',
  ),
  'api_merge_array' => 
  array (
    'MERGE1' => 'Alissa',
    'MERGE2' => 'Test',
    'OPTIN_IP' => '71.197.224.185',
    'OPTIN_TIME' => '2012-10-29 14:28:09',
  ),
  'api_email_type' => 'html',
  'api_double_optin' => false,
  'api_update_existing' => false,
  'api_replace_interests' => true,
  'api_send_welcome' => false,
  'api_response' => false,
  'api_properties' => 
  NC_MCAPI::__set_state(array(
     'version' => '1.3',
     'errorMessage' => 'ORG_COMP must be provided - Please enter a value',
     'errorCode' => 250,
     'apiUrl' => 
    array (
      'scheme' => 'http',
      'host' => 'api.mailchimp.com',
      'path' => '/1.3/',
      'query' => 'output=php',
      'prefix' => 'us2',
    ),
     'timeout' => 300,
     'chunkSize' => 8192,
     'api_key' => '000cc4974b8ad47c0439a04c5b6f49b3-us2',
     'secure' => true,
  )),
)

While the above code seems to indicate that the last logged attempt worked, subsequent tests have NOT worked and are not being logged. Server passed php check on all points

Other Settings:
MC Integration: Accoutn API – present
List ID set for Free Subscribers (all subscribers on this site are free)
Double Opt In Check Box label? – Y
Require Double Opt in? – Y (Box MUST be checked – checked by default)
Auto Unsubscribe/Opt Outs
anytime a user is deleted (including manual deletions) – N
Anytime a User’s Role changes ( including manual changes ) – N

As far as updating plugins…. I did upgrade s2Member to latest version as well as the Pro module

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 2:49 pm #30064
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

If nothing is being logged since this morning, even though you’re still doing tests and logging is still enabled, that would indicate something else is going on, i.e., a permissions issue in writing to the log file or communications issues between your server and PayPal.

I would try disabling s2Member and then reactivating it (make sure Deactivation Safeguards are enabled in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards). I would also try disabling all other WordPress plugins and testing again to rule out a conflict with another plugin.

If you recently changed servers, then keep in mind that changes to the DNS system were made as well. Servers and routers on the internet cache (i.e., keep a copy) of the DNS information and only update that cache every 24-72 hours. It’s possible that MailChimp’s servers, or a router in between your server and MailChimp, have an old DNS cache and it’s trying to communicate with the IP address associated with the old server.

However, if you’re not even getting anything logged in the s2Member logs, then something is wrong “closer to home”, i.e., on the server itself, so I’d start there.

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 3:53 pm #30088

This is clearly going to require a full on investigation and extensive testing to nail down the issue. I am going to have to clone the site and create a test envrionment (which I should already have).

It seems to me that this might be the most likely scenario “It’s possible that MailChimp’s servers, or a router in between your server and MailChimp, have an old DNS cache and it’s trying to communicate with the IP address associated with the old server.”

Thank you for the response. Guess I’ll just have to put on my CSI hat…… ;)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 4:18 pm #30201
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Glad I could help! Let us know if you have any other questions. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.