latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Mailchimp double optin

Home Forums Community Forum Mailchimp double optin

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 6th, 2013 at 9:51 pm #36409

Hi,

We’re having this issue with double-optin required from mailchimp which i know has been asked before.

But, we have another plugin in our WP site (popupdomination) that is using mailchimp API to add users to our list and they said that they can fix their code to disable the double-optin function of mailchimp.

Can you please help us and disable it with S2Member also?

FYI: Our Double Opt-In Checkbox Field is OFF.

Shawn Vibert

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 6th, 2013 at 10:59 pm #36413
cassel
Username: cassel

Maybe the setting is not in s2M but in MC?

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 8:58 pm #36526
Eduan
Username: Eduan

As cassel said, it might be a faulty setting in MailChimp’s side.

However, I do recommend NOT to disable this. It is now considered spam if you get subscribed to a mailing list without you at least checking a checkbox or agreeing to it in some way.

If you don’t give the user an option, it’s considered spam, that’s basically what I’m trying to say.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 10:59 pm #36535
cassel
Username: cassel

No double optin also means more posssibility of incorrect or false email addresses. I know it is kind of a pain, but it is also annoying to get bounced emails afterward too.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 1:27 am #36548

Shawn, I think you can do this, but you should review the terms of your MailChimp service. If you confirmed these users for your list before in some way, and they were added knowingly to your list, it may be okay with MailChimp. Make sure that changing this setting doesn’t cause you a problem later. And I agree with Cassel.

Create this dir/file: /wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php

[hilite pre_code]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.