latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Mailchimp 'groups' on register and update

Home Forums Community Forum Mailchimp 'groups' on register and update

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 4:20 am #26650

(reposted from community forum)

Hi guys,

I’m using the combination of s2member and buddypress (mainly for front end registration/profile edit). I want to use the s2member mailchimp integration and custom profile fields to select groups that people can be added to in a singular list. (I was using autochimp/buddypress but I can’t import user information using buddypress).

The problem is similar to the one listed here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/registration-wont-update-mailchimp-merge-tags/

Has there been a solution to this? Will mailchimp groups be supported in the next release? How long will that be, and should I wait until then?!

Going around in circles with this and pretty much ripping my hair out, I’ve already posted this as a job on oDesk but wanted to ask here too.

Please help!

Yours,

Going slowly insane.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 7:35 pm #26762
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kimberley,

Have you seen this thread?

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 4:25 am #26809

Hi Raam,

Yep, I saw that, however that only handles sign-up doesn’t it? It wouldn’t change the merge fields/groups if the user updated their profile?

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 6:06 am #26921
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Sorry, I don’t know of any methods for automatically updating the MailChimp merge fields/groups when updating a user profile. It might be possible by writing some custom code that interfaces with the MailChimp API when updating the profile. The next major release of s2Member will include even more integration with MailChimp.

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 11:01 am #26951

Thanks Raam, I think it is possible (I read another forum post indicating that there *was* a way). I’ve employed someone through oDesk to figure it out.

When can we expect the next release of s2member?

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:48 pm #26986
Raam Dev
Staff Member

We do not currently have a release date, but we’ll make an announcement as soon as possible. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.