latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Mailchimp Integration

Home Forums Community Forum Mailchimp Integration

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 2:14 pm #8785
Ross Murphy
Username: RoscoeT

I’ve been looking for this a bit and would like a pointer to the correct documentation.
When I setup list integration with mail chimp it works well.
The confirmation email comes from mailchimp with a link to the users mail chimp profile.
Is there no way for s2member to handle the email confirmation part and pass it along to mail chimp. I don’t want the users to have to sort out 2 emails (one from s2member one from mail chimp list) to confirm subscription. Also, I don’t want users directed to my main business site from mailchimp. It’s a corporate site and not the site page for the newsletter.

So can s2member handle all the email confirmation stuff?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 4:36 pm #9059
G Z
Username: galzhov

+1

If that is not possible, is there a way to get s2member to process the list servers after new registration activates their account?

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 12:42 pm #9244
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

Yes, this is possible with s2Member. Please see this thread from the old forum:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6408#p15725

Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 12:53 pm #9247
G Z
Username: galzhov

Great. Thanks.

So if I understand this correctly, if we add the hack, then this workflow may happen:

1. User completes registration form on our site
2. User’s email is added to our MailChimp list
3. User get’s the activation email from our site and ignores it.

In this scenario, the user has been added to our MailChimp list even though we haven’t confirmed their email and they haven’t opt-ed in through our site.

Is there any way to add the user to our MailChimp list only AFTER they confirm their WordPress account?

Thanks,
Gal

Posted: Wednesday Apr 11th, 2012 at 4:28 pm #10606
CD
Username: dbais

I am also looking for the same answer. I would like people to be added to my mailchimp list when they sign up using my s2member pro form so that they don’t have to opp into two emails. My site is setup to take open registration so it is free to join and s2member sends new users there password in a email. I would users to be added to mailchimp all at the same time.

Hope someone can help.

Posted: Sunday Apr 15th, 2012 at 4:06 pm #10854
Ross Murphy
Username: RoscoeT

Yes, this is possible with s2Member. Please see this thread from the old forum:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6408#p15725

@Raam
That looks like it’s for MultiUser WordPress. Is it supposed to work with regular WP?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Ross Murphy.
Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 6:19 pm #13699

Can we get an answer as to if this works with a regular WP site and not just for MulitUser?
I need to do this but I have a single WP site. I want to make sure it is going to work before I do it
Thanks

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 6:13 am #13754

That single opt-in hack for MailChimp is not exclusive to multisite installations.

You should tell the user somewhere that he’ll be getting your emails, or I believe it may could cause you trouble with MailChimp. You can mention it during registration and also in the New User email. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

Not letting users set their password on registration, but having WordPress generate one and email it to them in the New User email, requiring them to go open the email to then login, could be considered a double opt-in. It also works great to confirm the email address is valid. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Allow Custom Passwords[/hilite]

The user would be added to the MailChimp list on registration, not on login, so it’s not like he’d activate the account in some way before being added to the list, accounts are active the moment they’re created in WordPress, unless some other plugin alters this.

I hope that clarifies things a bit. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.