latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

MailChimp on BuddyPress registratio

Home Forums Community Forum MailChimp on BuddyPress registratio

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 7:10 am #4300
Roger
Username: 21inspired

We are using s2memberPro on BuddyPress site, with just free registrations allowed at present.

Registrations are using our BuddyPress register form. We want the mail chimp opt-in (configured in s2member) to be shown on this form.

Is there any way to do this, or do we need to rework registration to use an s2member generated form?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 11:54 am #4467
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry.

Here are the steps required to get this working.

1. In your Dashboard for s2Member, make sure this section is enabled.
s2Member -> General Options -> Custom Registration/Profile Fields
-> Yes, Integrate with BuddyPress Registration Form

2. Setup your Double Opt-In checkbox and and integrate at least one mailing list with s2Member, under: s2Member -> API / List Servers.

3. Make sure your BuddyPress theme includes this Hook (almost all of them do by default), but if there is a problem, be sure to check on this please. Hook name: bp_after_signup_profile_fields

Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 8:42 pm #4503
ASTONISH
Username: astonish

Hi! I have a related question!

I’m developing a buddypress social networking site, and have s2member pro installed, but not fully set up for registrations yet (I’m waiting on my client’s decision on whether to sign up for Paypal Pro so I can use Pro Forms (especially the coupons), or to stick with a paypal business account for now.) I’d like visitors to the site to be able to up for a mailing list/newsletter, so that I can notify them once the site is ready for full registration. I’ve just signed up for MailChimp. Is there a fairly simple/straightforward way of setting up the MailChimp newsletter on the site through s2member, so that I can fairly seamlessly integrate the list/members with the eventual full site launch?

I’m using WordPress 3.3.1, with s2Member Pro. Thank you!!!

Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 1:13 pm #4751
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Gary,

To do that, you’ll want to configure s2Member -> MailChimp integration in WP Admin -> s2Member -> API / List Servers -> MailChimp Integration and then use an s2Member Free Registration Pro Form (WP Admin -> s2Member -> PayPal Pro Forms) on a page somewhere to have your users signup.

When they register, they will be subscribed to the MailChimp list that you configured. Then, once your site has launched, you can use MailChimp to send an email announcing that the site has launched. Since they would’ve already created an account when they signed up with the Pro Form, you can tell them to use their existing account.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.