latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Manually delete credit card transactions

Home Forums Community Forum Manually delete credit card transactions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 12:47 am #52065
87soccerb
Username: 87soccerb

Hi,

I tested that S2 Member was indeed charging the credit card transactions and everything was working properly with the integration, redirect and implementation – all that good stuff. I’m happy to report that (most) everything works perfectly (minus the “payment description” page that fails to post a description of the charge when a user uses paypal, but that’s not a make-or-break for me at this point).

My big problem/concern right now is how to cancel the recurring credit card charge. I forgot to go to the “cancel billing” pro form and click the “submit” button for all my test user accounts – I just deleted the test users in my wordpress account administration.

However, my credit card is still getting charged and I have no idea how to stop the api recurring billing call. I am using S2 Member pro forms for checkout, and those test users that paid with a credit card don’t have a recurring billing profile in my paypal.com account – only my test users that paid with a paypal account have a recurring billing profile, which is easy enough to cancel.

Could you please help me out? Thanks.

Brandon

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 12:54 pm #52126
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

To cancel your subscription you can use cancellation buttons normally, but in your case you’ll have to disable the subscription through PayPal because you’ve already severed the connection from s2Member to PayPal. This article goes over doing that:

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp?locale=en_GB&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=GB&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9004&t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&solutionId=1209601

Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 1:59 pm #52135
87soccerb

Bruce, thank you for your response, but it actually doesn’t answer my question.

I followed the instructions on the link and it DOES show my recurring subscription customers …. my PAYPAL customers. It does NOT show my test customer that paid for the subscription using a credit card and completed the transaction on the website. That’s the problem I’m having, is that I cannot see those customers who paid with credit card on my paypal “My Customers” page.

It is something that I absolutely need to know how to do if something happens with a potential customer of mine in the future, and definitely something I want to halt for my “test” customer because its currently charging my credit cards still.

Thanks,
Brandon

Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 2:07 pm #52136
87soccerb

And Bruce, if this is at all helpful, my PayPal Manager is not showing any recurring billing profiles, in case it should. It does show the transactions taking place, on the home page, but no actual recurring profiles. I don’t know if that’s a problem or not.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 5:46 pm #52151
87soccerb

I’ve issued a refund for that test user before too, but that user is still getting charged (the test period was weekly), so apparently the Automatic EOT is not working either. If I understand it correctly, the issuance of a refund should automatically trigger the EOT, which I have enabled, and should close out the test user (who, again, paid with a credit card) as well as stop the recurring billing.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:32 am #52167
87soccerb

I don’t know if this will help, but this is an example of a refund I initiated on my paypal account for a test user, but the automatic EOT didn’t prevent the charge from occurring again the next billing period. I’m wondering if the part at the very bottom of the log where it says Unable to verify `$_SERVER[“HTTP_HOST”] is what’s causing me problems.

LOG ENTRY: Thu Jun 13th, 2013 @ precisely 3:19 am UTC
PHP v5.3.24 :: WordPress® v3.5.1 :: s2Member® v130513 :: s2Member® Pro v130513
Memory 19.29 MB :: Real Memory 19.75 MB :: Peak Memory 19.35 MB :: Real Peak Memory 19.75 MB
http://www.thinkbuilddream.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1
User-Agent:
array (
‘transaction_subject’ => ”,
‘payment_date’ => ’20:19:44 Jun 12, 2013 PDT’,
‘last_name’ => ‘test_XXXX’,
‘receipt_id’ => ‘1591-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX’,
‘residence_country’ => ‘US’,
‘item_name’ => ”,
‘payment_gross’ => ‘-4.99’,
‘mc_currency’ => ‘USD’,
‘business’ => ‘admin@thinkbuilddream.com’,
‘payment_type’ => ‘instant’,
‘protection_eligibility’ => ‘Ineligible’,
‘verify_sign’ => ‘A2Ab3TV1KoEWBTo5Y55GiXA2cdWNAgdc.6LraHdoeJmQS-Z8SxsApTG.’,
‘payer_email’ => ‘XXXXX@gmail.com’,
‘txn_id’ => ‘3R843XXXXXXXXXX’,
‘receiver_email’ => ‘admin@thinkbuilddream.com’,
‘first_name’ => ‘test_Bro’,
‘parent_txn_id’ => ‘0PA76XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’,
‘payer_id’ => ‘QGXXXXXXXXXXXXx’,
‘receiver_id’ => ’45RXXXXXXXXXXXXX’,
‘reason_code’ => ‘refund’,
‘item_number’ => ”,
‘handling_amount’ => ‘0.00’,
‘payment_status’ => ‘Refunded’,
‘payment_fee’ => ‘-0.14’,
‘mc_fee’ => ‘-0.14’,
‘shipping’ => ‘0.00’,
‘mc_gross’ => ‘-4.99’,
‘custom’ => ”,
‘charset’ => ‘windows-1252’,
‘notify_version’ => ‘3.7’,
‘ipn_track_id’ => ‘3cc6d0c255c46’,
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘IPN received on: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:19:48 am UTC’,
1 => ‘s2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal®.’,
2 => ‘Unable to verify `$_SERVER[“HTTP_HOST”]`. Please check the `custom` value in your Button Code. It MUST start with your domain name.’,
),
‘subscr_gateway’ => ‘paypal’,
)

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 6:41 am #52285

I googled this and found PayPal’s guide to the Website Payments Pro Payflow Edition Recurring Payments service, and it says that you can manage these from PayPal.

In page 8 it shows a screenshot of the interface: https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/MX/es_XC/files/developer/WPPPE_RP_Guide.pdf#page=8

Have you asked PayPal support about this?

2 => ‘Unable to verify `$_SERVER[“HTTP_HOST”]`. Please check the `custom` value in your Button Code. It MUST start with your domain name.’,

Make sure your pro-form’s shortcode has the correct value for the [hilite mono]custom[/hilite] attribute, please. The shortcode generator should output the correct one. If you edited it manually, please keep this in mind: Knowledge Base » Don't Mix www, — and Without!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.