latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Media sharing and restricted pages

Home Forums Community Forum Media sharing and restricted pages

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 6:48 am #7885
cassel
Username: cassel

I am wondering if one was to place a social media sharing button inside a restricted page, if a member was to click it, will the content be shared? Will the sharing appear on their page/feed only with the mention and a link that visitors will TRY (unsuccessfully) to follow and be redirected to the membership option page? or will the content be displayed in their page/feed?

I think those social media sharing buttons might be great, as long as it would only direct the viewer to the page and then redirect them to the Membership option page. Anyone tried that?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 5:35 am #7958

The sharing would only share the link to the page, not the content. It’s like getting a backlink, not posting your page elsewhere. If someone without access followed the link, s2Member would treat them as any other visit.

Since the content won’t be available even to the service, e.g. Facebook, make sure you have a snippet and image that will be used for the share, or it’ll just be empty.

Let us know how it goes if you try it, please. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 8:15 am #7985
cassel
Username: cassel

Cool. I will try that (as soon as i figure out how to add those darn buttons that always seem to cause me headaches! lol).

Thanks for the info and i will update you when i try it so others can benefit from it.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 4:21 pm #8048

Cool. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.