latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Member Custom Field Export/Import

Home Forums Community Forum Member Custom Field Export/Import

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Kurt 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 4:46 pm #31729
Kurt
Username: kurt@highfx

I have a customer using the free version of S2Member. He has a number of custom fields that are collected upon registration. I exported the data from the WP databases ( Users & Usermeta ). Then I remebered that S2 saves custom fields in a serialized format.

It appears that the Pro version allows you to export member data to a CSV file.

Does the Pro version export tool export custom field data as separate fields?

Does the Pro version import tool import custom fields? (He wants to move to a new domain also)

If the Pro version can export and import custom fields, I’ll recommend he buy the Pro version.

Thanks!

Kurt

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 6:36 pm #31837
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Kurt,

Yes, the Import/Export feature that comes with s2Member Pro builds a CSV file containing all the data, including a serialized array of all the Custom Registration Fields and their data. The data can then be modified and the CSV file reimported to update those custom fields.

Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 9:28 am #31981
Kurt

Raam:

Thanks for your reply.

Can the custom registration fields be extracted into separate fields by the export tool? If not, is there any way to get the serialized data into separate fields for use in a spreadsheet?

My customer needs the serialized data separated for use in a spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Kurt

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Kurt.
Posted: Monday Nov 19th, 2012 at 11:37 pm #32048

The export tool doesn’t do that yet, you’d have to code your own script for that format.

You’d need to make a list of all the custom fields for the columns, query a list of al lthe users and then query the custom fields for each. Some will have none, others all, others only some, and you’d populate the spreadsheet with them.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 8:57 am #32084
Kurt

Cristián:

That’s disappointing. I’m sure others would like to be able to extract the custom field data.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.