latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Member login problem / IP Restriction

Home Forums Community Forum Member login problem / IP Restriction

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 9:59 am #29402

We recently had an issue with a specific member being unable to log in. I reset his password, but I was also unable to log in as him – I was just greeted with a blank screen rather than the site landing page.

All other members were logging in without problems, and in the end, the cure was to reset the brute force IP restrictions. I haven’t changed that setting from the default 5 logins then ban for 30 minutes, but this user account was failing from multiple IP addresses over several hours.

Is there something else I should know about how this system works? I’m not too worried that it ‘errs on the side of caution’, but is it likely this was the real cause, or is there something else potentially wrong with the setup or this particular account?

Thanks,

Andy

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 23rd, 2012 at 1:25 pm #29434
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Andy,

If you received a blank screen, then I suspect there was a glitch somewhere. If it’s not still happening, I wouldn’t worry about it. When someone is banned, they should receive a message that explains why they’re not able to login. There really isn’t anything that can be “setup wrong” when it comes to the IP Access Restrictions.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.