latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Member Timestamp and Support Systsm

Home Forums Community Forum Member Timestamp and Support Systsm

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 4:33 am #26652

Hi guys,
couple of quick things…

I’m getting the settings sorted with our membership site and will be dripping content to members.
The question I have is… Can I change the timestamp (likely manually) for specific members so that their ‘registration date’ is backdated as some of them will already have access to some of the dripped content? Or is there any other way this can be achieved?

And secondly, we are looking at integrating buddypress however we would like to know if there are any recommendations for a support system that are integrated with wordpress and s2member so that members can file a ticket with our team without having to display their ticket to other members?
We are looking at Support Dynamo as an option and would love any feedback anyone has had, plus was wondering if there is anything else that is integrated directly with wordpress and s2member that would suit our needs?

Any thoughts would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks again.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  David Dunford.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 7:41 pm #26763
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi David,

You should be able to modify the registration timestamps within the database, but a much cleaner method would be to incorporate the use of Custom Capabilities. You could create a Custom Capability called “backdated” for example, and assign that to anyone who should automatically be dripped the extra content. Then, inside your content dripping conditional, you would add something that also checks for the custom capability:

<?php if(S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS >= 30 || current_user_can("access_s2member_ccap_backdated")){ ?>
    Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 30 days ago OR who have the 'backdated' Custom Capability.
<?php } ?>

Regarding recommendations for a Support System that you could use with s2Member: I don’t personally know of any, but you may want to post a thread in the Community Forum to see if anyone there can make a recommendation.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.