latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members cannot see page backgrounds.

Home Forums Community Forum Members cannot see page backgrounds.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 9:27 pm #23131
Jack
Username: villalaredo62

Greetings,

I am almost ready to pull the trigger on this wonderful turbo-charged membership system, but I have run across one little hitch.

I set up a couple dummy accounts to see how the different levels fare and discovered that my page backgrounds become invisible to all members. Note ( I am running a nice little plugin by David Sherret called Custom Post Background to insert the backgrounds.)

As a site admin, I login and all looks well…thus I am quite perplexed. I checked this on all membership levels, so “level” apparently has noting to do with my problem. I am wondering if there is a compatibility issue with the Custom Post Background plugin.

I thought about disabling it, but what good would that do….it will not tell me anything because all my backgrounds will disappear from my view also.

I am also running a plugin called Capability Manager Enhanced by Jordi Canals and Kevin Behrens…this allows me to restrict view options, but I can’t imagine it messing with backgrounds….

Any thoughts on this matter? I am running Atahaulpa 3.77 as my theme.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Jack.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 6:31 am #23155
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jack,

I don’t have any experience with either of those plugins, but you may want to contact the plugin developers to see if there might be a conflict with the way the plugin loads the images.

s2Member uses the standard WordPress roles and capabilities and all s2Member Level capabilities are based on the WordPress Subscriber role. If users with the WordPress Subscriber role are supposed to see the custom backgrounds, then I suspect that one of those plugins is doing something non-standard that is causing a conflict and not giving the viewer permission to load the backgrounds. The developer is the best person to ask about this.

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 11:02 am #23170
Jack
Username: villalaredo62

Thanks for the reply Raam,

I think I’ve narrowed it down to a possible conflict between the background plugin and a flash carousel. However, I have now disabled the background plugin as early this morning I discovered a better method than using a plugin for by background photos….by inserting the following code:

<div style="background: transparent url('http://...............jpg') center top repeat; margin: 20px auto; padding: 45px 10px 20px; width: 90%;">

Page or Post Text Here

</div>

This code must be put in on the html side rather than the wysiwyg screen of the TinyMCE or the code breaks….if one intends to use the wysiwyg screen, use it first and then switch to the html side and add this code and don’t switch back…

This is courtesy of WordPress.org forum user: alchymyth, The Sweeper

I implemented this code on a dozen or so pages this morning and all is well…..my memebership level can see it all…so..

Thanks again for the help Raam…I greatly appreciate it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Jack.
Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 9:20 pm #23493
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for sharing your solution, Jack! :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.