latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members enrolled but post content not display

Home Forums Community Forum Members enrolled but post content not display

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 17th, 2013 at 10:22 am #59636

I am having trouble with the functionality of wordpress/s2member. I have manually created some accounts and tried logging in. Once I am logged in it goes to My Login Welcome Page and I click on any category, it comes up with “Sorry, but there aren’t any posts matching your query.” It doesn’t matter what category I click on, I get this message.

On post restrictions I have ALL in level one on up. I know that all of my posts have one or more categories assigned to them.

I am running WP 3.6

Thanks in advance for your help!

Brian

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 24th, 2013 at 10:57 am #59809
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Brian,

The Category Restriction feature has been thoroughly tested and there are no known issues with it on the current version of WordPress. Can you please confirm that you typed all in lowercase in the Category Access Restrictions panel (Dashboard → s2Member → Restriction Options → Category Access Restrictions)?

If it still doesn’t work, could you please provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing when you try to access your posts. We also ask that you test the problem using the default WordPress theme (TwentyThirteen) and with all other plugins disabled to rule out any conflict with your theme or another plugin. Please see Common Troubleshooting Tips.

Posted: Thursday Sep 26th, 2013 at 8:31 am #59911

Okay, I ran the server check and corrected some issues that I was unaware of. However, I am still having the same problem. In addition, not only did I disable all other plugins, I also deleted those I thought might be a problem for the time being. I am also using the theme Twenty Thirteen.

When I click on categories menu to the right it takes me to the membership options page. If I hover over each category it gives me the URL of the category but does not take me there. When I use the search to look for a topic or category it gives me the message “sorry but nothing matches your search terms. Please try again with different keywords.”

I included the screenshot below so that you could see that I do have categories assigned.

Thanks again for your assistance in this matter.

Brian

Posted: Thursday Sep 26th, 2013 at 2:23 pm #59922
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Brian,

Can you show me a screenshot of the Category Access Restrictions panel (Dashboard → s2Member → Restriction Options → Category Access Restrictions)?

Posted: Thursday Sep 26th, 2013 at 3:09 pm #59925

Here you go.

Thanks again.

Brian

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 5:02 pm #60020

So do we have any answers or ideas?

:)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 1st, 2013 at 8:16 pm #60069
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Brain,

If you disable the s2Member plugin, do you still have the problem?

If you switch your WordPress theme to one of the default WordPress themes (TwentyTwelve, TwentyThirteen), do you still have the problem?

If you disable all plugins on your site, do you still have the problem?

These are common troubleshooting tips that we ask everyone to follow, as they help rule out some common issues.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Raam Dev.
Posted: Tuesday Oct 1st, 2013 at 9:07 pm #60072

When I disable s2Member I have no issues with TwentyThirteen Theme and my problem is gone. Even after reactivating all my plugins I still don’t have any issues.

It is only when s2Member is activated that I start having issues. I have also uninstalled and deleted all of the s2Member files and reinstalled it and I am having the same issue. When I uninstalled the plugin it asked me if I wanted to delete the files. So, I clicked yes and I went into the file manager on the server and there were still logs and files there so I deleted them.

However, when I reinstalled s2member the category restrictions of “all” was already filled in. I’m guessing that it was cached somewhere…

Posted: Wednesday Oct 2nd, 2013 at 10:33 am #60100
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Brian,

Can you please submit your details via the this Private Contact Form so that I can take a look? Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Oct 2nd, 2013 at 12:05 pm #60102

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Action taken: I submitted details via the contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Friday Oct 4th, 2013 at 1:22 pm #60152
Raam Dev
Staff Member

This issue has been solved. The problem was that Brian was using the all keyword to restrict **all** s2Member Levels, including Level 4. His users were s2Member Level 1 and since he restricted all Categories and Posts to s2Member Level 4, they were unable to access any of the content. The problem was solved by removing the all keyword from all Levels except Level 1.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Raam Dev.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.