latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members not being upgraded when paid

Home Forums Community Forum Members not being upgraded when paid

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 30th, 2012 at 6:47 pm #27028

I’m having an issue that new members are paying for ‘full access’ memberships yet their membership status isn’t be upgraded automatically. I’m using CCBill and everything seems to look OK from their end as far as them processing the information.

When I did a test membership the process isn’t very straight forward when one buys a membership before having a username and password. I’m wondering if I have s2membership set up correctly. Currently this is the process….

1. Potential members goes to my membership page and clicks CCBill button.
2. Redirected to CCBill billing page.
3. CCbill processes the payment and creates a billing ID.
4. From here there is a link to http://mywebsite/wp-login.php which asks for username or password or to register which as a new member you would have to do.
5. The new member creates a profile with username and password but that account is not ‘full access’ in which they just paid for.

I tried setting up a new user as described above and the person at at CCBill tried upgrading a current member with existing username and password without success either.

Datalink and User approval and denial URL’s seem to be correct.

Below is the log of the the account I tried to set up:

PHP v5.3.3 :: WordPress® v3.4.1 :: s2Member® v120703 :: s2Member® Pro v120703
Memory 42.56 MB :: Real Memory 42.75 MB :: Peak Memory 42.63 MB :: Real Peak Memory 42.75 MB
jockup.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_notify=1
User-Agent:
array (
‘customer_fname’ => ‘xxxxx’,
‘customer_lname’ => ‘xxxxx’,
’email’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com’,
‘username’ => ”,
‘password’ => ”,
‘productDesc’ => ”,
‘price’ => ‘$16.95 for 30 days’,
‘subscription_id’ => ‘0212274701000010317’,
‘denialId’ => ”,
‘clientAccnum’ => ‘945011’,
‘clientSubacc’ => ‘0000’,
‘address1’ => ‘xxxxxxxxx’,
‘city’ => ‘xxxxxxxx’,
‘state’ => ”,
‘country’ => ‘US’,
‘phone_number’ => ”,
‘zipcode’ => ‘xxxxxx’,
‘start_date’ => ‘2012-09-30 14:29:15’,
‘referer’ => ”,
‘ccbill_referer’ => ”,
‘affiliate’ => ”,
‘reservationId’ => ”,
‘referringUrl’ => ‘http://xxxxxx.com/membership/’,
‘reasonForDecline’ => ”,
‘reasonForDeclineCode’ => ”,
‘formName’ => ‘146cc’,
‘cardType’ => ‘VISA’,
‘responseDigest’ => ‘27464a7df8567291081e2ded6fb24ef5’,
‘s2_desc’ => ‘Full Member – one time $16.95 payment for 1 month access to original content’,
‘s2_customer_ip’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxx’,
‘s2_invoice’ => ‘1::1 M’,
‘s2_custom’ => ‘xxxxxx.com’,
‘s2_p1’ => ‘0 D’,
‘s2_p3’ => ‘1 M’,
‘typeId’ => ‘0’,
‘initialPrice’ => ‘16.95’,
‘initialPeriod’ => ’30’,
‘recurringPrice’ => ‘0’,
‘recurringPeriod’ => ‘0’,
‘rebills’ => ‘0’,
‘initialFormattedPrice’ => ‘$16.95’,
‘recurringFormattedPrice’ => ‘$0.00’,
‘ip_address’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxxxx’,
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘IPN received on: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28:08 pm UTC’,
1 => ‘s2Member POST vars verified with ccBill®.’,
2 => ‘ccBill® transaction identified as ( `NON-RECURRING/BUY-NOW` ).’,
3 => ‘IPN reformulated. Piping through s2Member\’s core/standard PayPal® processor as `txn_type` ( `web_accept` ).’,
4 => ‘Please check PayPal® IPN logs for further processing details.’,
),
)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 11:17 am #27082

I’m not getting signup emails initiated after someone goes through CCBill. Sounds like that is the crux of the issue? Otherwise people sign up for a membership after paying through my site and there is no way link the payment with the new signup correct?

Here is my email log for a couple transactions for people that sign up for free. Is there a reason why there isn’t a ‘.com’ behind the email address being sent the ‘New User Registration’? There were no emails generated when I did a test account sign up (I set up a test account with CCbill, logged out as admin in my site and then singed up using the dummy information).

83 October 1, 2012 @ 3:50 am memberships@xxxxxx [xxxxxx.com] New User Registration
81 October 1, 2012 @ 3:50 am memberships@xxxxxx.com ( s2Member / API Notification Email ) – Registration
79 October 1, 2012 @ 3:45 am xxxx@YAHOO.COM [xxxxxx.com] Username/Password
80 October 1, 2012 @ 3:45 am memberships@xxxxxx [xxxxxx.com] New User Registration
78 October 1, 2012 @ 3:45 am memberships@xxxxxx.com ( s2Member / API Notification Email ) – Registration
76 October 1, 2012 @ 3:40 am xxxx@aol.com [xxxxxx.com] Username/Password

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 6:35 pm #27146
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Matthew,

You need to be using s2Member-generated CCBill buttons (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons. When someone signs up through an s2Member-generated CCBill button, s2Member will be notified in the background via IPN (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Background Post Integration) of the successful payment. s2Member will then send an email (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email) to the new member with a registration link that they must click on. That special registration link allows s2Member to link the new member with the payment that was just made, so it’s essential that new members sign up with that link.

If members are not receiving the Signup Confirmation Email, I would first double-check that you’re using s2Member-generated CCBill buttons and that you’ve double-checked your CCBill settings in s2Member (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details, Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› DataLink Integration, and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Background Post Integration).

Finally, if you seem to be having issues specifically with email, I recommend following the steps outlined in Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems, including installing the plugins mentioned in that article.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 8:27 pm #27168

I triple checked all of my s2Member, ccBill amd email settings/passwords as you stated and everything seems to be in order. All of the buttons are correct. They take you to ccBill and that process seems fine except that no s2member email is generated. The email log shows that there was no emails created by s2Member in response to the new member being processed with ccBill.

Any other possibilities on why s2member is not recognizing the transactions?

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 2:17 pm #27234

I’m switching to a different server and hoping that this may solve some of the issues. I will let you know if I need further assistance on this topic. Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 4:54 am #27308
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thanks for the update, Matthew. You may also want to download this Server Check Tool, upload the PHP file to your WordPress directory, and then load the URL to the file in your browser. It will run a bunch of tests to determine if there’s anything amiss on the server-side.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.