latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

members not showing up in Membership Director

Home Forums Community Forum members not showing up in Membership Director

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Terri 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 2:44 am #17164
Terri
Username: tokyoterri

Hi:

First of all, we’ve launched!

http://fewjapan.com/

Members have been invited. Some have already signed up – at the same time. But some show up in the Membership Directory, and some don’t even though, when I look at Dashboard – – > Users they all show up and they all have the right Role.

what should I do?

thanks,

best,

Terri

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 8:05 am #17188

First of all, we’ve launched!

Awesome! :D

Members have been invited. Some have already signed up – at the same time. But some show up in the Membership Directory, and some don’t even though, when I look at Dashboard – – > Users they all show up and they all have the right Role.

Are you using BuddyPress? The members not showing up in the directory may not have activated their accounts yet. Account activation is something BuddyPress adds.

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 11:35 am #17198
Terri

Hi Cristián:

Ah, I see, I think…

here’s my understanding of the process, including S2Member and the stuff we have to do manually. is this accurate as far as the S2Member part?

here’s the process:
1. Non-registed member (NRM) signs up with the Registration Form on the site
2. NRM gets an automatic email thanking them for signing up and asking them to click an activation link.
3. When they click the activation link, they will automatically get Bethan’s email with the bank details,
4. When they log into the site after they get the activation link, they will automatically have Bethan’s bank detail email in their in box – so they’ll see they have a message.
5. The next step, at this point, is to confirm that they have paid the membership fee.
6. When they have paid, Membership Director goes into the Users database and change their role to FEW Member – Level 1. They will not get any automatic notification of this change.
7. Membership Director sends an in-community message to the person (you can send a private message from your profile) welcoming them to full membership. You may want to have a template for it, so that you can just copy and paste.
8. Now the member has access to all the Community functions. Please note, they will not have access to the Dashboard or Events posts: if they need to post about an event, they can do so in their Activity Stream or in the Forums.

hopefully this is actually what’s happening as far as S2Member is concerned, and once these folks activate, we’ll see them in the Membership Directory…or, wait a minute, I just realized something: they shouldn’t be in the Directory at all if they are not FEW Member Level 1(see step 6). S2Member is already preventing the non-Members from seeing the Membership page, so that’s okay. But how do I make sure that only people who are Level 1 Members show up in the Directory?

sorry it’s so convoluted.

your help appreciated,

thanks,

best,

Terri

Posted: Saturday Jun 23rd, 2012 at 7:07 am #17242

But how do I make sure that only people who are Level 1 Members show up in the Directory?

I don’t know, you’ll need to hack BuddyPress a bit to have it behave like that. Find out with the BP guys if you can just list members with a certain WordPress role, instead of everyone.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:16 pm #17700
Terri

Hi Cristián;

Okay, thanks.

Terri

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.