latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Members Only but with Pay-per-view option

Home Forums Community Forum Members Only but with Pay-per-view option

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 8:53 am #8721
Paul Smith
Username: neoncs

Hi,

Im hoping you can confirm this functionality before purchase.

I have 2 Pages lets call them “Member Page” and “Premium Page”

The “Member Page” is view-able to all Registered Members all the time.
The “Member Page” can be viewed via Pay-per-View to Non Members with a 1 day limit.

The “Premium Page” requires both members or non-members to view via Pay-per-view with a 1 day limit.

My concern is that I cannot secure the Members page but still offer the pay-per-view option.

Please advise.

Paul

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Paul Smith.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 10:28 am #8735
Paul Smith

ok

So watching through your tutorial videos. Great resource by the way. I found this video which explains the ability/process to offer Premium pages to existing or non members.

http://www.s2member.com/videos/ED64B278374AB72F/

Now I still want to be able to sell a member page without people becoming members. and still allow members to access.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 10:36 am #8736
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Paul,

s2Member allows you to sell access to protected posts/pages on a one-off basis through a feature called Specific Post/Page Access. You can generate a purchase button for the post/page and present it on your site. After a user completes the purchase they will receive an email with an access link to that post/page. The link will only be valid for a specific period of time, depending on what you chose when you generated the purchase button.

s2Member does not have any option to choose the “number of views” per page, but rather allows you to set the length of time the URL should be valid (e.g., 2 hours, 3 days, etc.).

Another thing to keep in mind is that you cannot sell one-time access to the same post/page that you have restricted to a specific membership level. See the note below taken from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions:

If you configure s2Member, in such as a way, that a Post/Page requires Membership Level Access, you cannot sell that same Post/Page through Specific Post/Page Access. Doing so, would create a conflict. Customers that purchased Specific Post/Page Access, would be unable to access the Post/Page – without also having a Membership. Not good. So please be careful.

A way around this problem for your scenario would be to create two pages with the same content: one for membership access and another that you sell on a one-off basis for one time access.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 10:51 am #8739
Paul Smith

Hi Raam,

I guess I could duplicate the page. But what about duplicating the content in the single page and using php conditional statements to show the content for members or alternatively pay per view.

Would I even need to duplicate content and just have an or statement.

3rd I guess is that I force them to become temporary members.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Paul Smith.
Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 11:28 am #8749
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Paul,

You’d need to duplicate the page because of the way s2Member implements restrictions. If you restrict a page to a specific membership level (i.e., allow only members to view the page), then you cannot also provide one-time (Specific Page/Post Access) to that same page. Doing so would create a conflict within s2Member: The non-member wouldn’t be able to view the page restricted to members-only.

Giving temporary membership access to users instead of selling the page via Specific Post/Page Access would be another way to solve the problem.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.