latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

membership access plus individual purchase

Home Forums Community Forum membership access plus individual purchase

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 8:04 am #7887

Hi,

I had a look through the forum and could not find what I was looking for.
While I have need a service that has a membership level system I also need one where people can purchase maybe one part of a level 1 and one part on level two and have access to their personal purchases online, rather than me sending them a email with a download link to their purchases.

Can I do this with S2 free or paid? If so where can I find a video tutorial explaining how to set it up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:33 am #7901
cassel
Username: cassel

I am pretty sure you can. If your content is online, you can use Custom Capabilities (ccaps) instead of levels and restrict their access according to the ccap assigned to the member. If your content is downloadable, then you can do so through the Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions. All those can be done with the free version, if i remember correctly.

Maybe a s2M expert might come and chime in to clarify this.

You might want to peak at these videos:
http://www.s2member.com/videos/60ABE396BBEC4FD6/?tw_p=twt
and
http://www.s2member.com/videos/ED64B278374AB72F/?tw_p=twt

Good luck.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:02 am #7963

Hi Ashley.

Do the custom capabilities Cassel pointed to, do what you want?

When you mention the emails, do you mean to have custom confirmation emails for the different purchases, even if they already had an account with you?

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:38 am #7972

Thanks guys for taking the time and effort to responding to my question. It is much appreciated.

At first glance at these videos, it appears that yes they could in fact do the job.

I thought these could be used for of site and iTunes etc but missed the part where it said you could produce a page for individual downloads who are not level based.

What again I may have missed but assume is possible this to make these pages only visible to free signed in members having another open page to link them to paypal and then directly to this unique page of their chosen purchases. By doing this I could offer not individualized courses but groups of pages with different options available, all from the open page, correct? This is not exactly what I had in mind and would in fact make everyones lives easier.

If you get my drift ;)

Once again thanks guys for you time and assistance.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 7:14 am #7981

You’re welcome, Ashley. :)

I’m not sure I understood the flow you explained. Could you give an example?

About iTunes, you may be interested in this video:

I hope it helps.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.