latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership Levels each with different content

Home Forums Community Forum Membership Levels each with different content

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Lars 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 2:20 am #14399
Huss .
Username: huss

Hi there,

I have a requirement to create multiple membership levels, but each of those levels represent different content / pages, i.e. it is not a tier like bronze / gold etc. In order to explain a bit better, let me illustrate.

Level 1 contains
– Welcome
– L1 Content Page 1
– L1 Content Page 2

Level 2 contains
– Welcome
– L2 Content Page 1
– L2 Content Page 2

Level 3 contains
– Welcome
– L3 Content Page 1
– L3 Content Page 2

Level 4 contains
– Welcome
– L3 Content Page 1
– L4 Content Page 1
– L2 Content Page 2

From the reputation of this plugin, I am confident that this is possible, however a detailed explanation will greatly assist in implementing this.

Thank you for your assistance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 5:20 am #14450
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Huss,

Yes, this is certainly possible with s2Member. To separate the content for each level, you’ll need to make use of Custom Capabilities (please see Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)).

I recommend you take a look at our tutorial videos, as they provide lots of examples and information.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 12:43 am #14527
buki
Username: csaba.bukszegi

Hi Huss,

Or/And maybe You can use the Shortcode Conditionals:

Your WP admin menu->s2member->API / Scripting->Simple / Shortcode Conditionals

It’s a useful “device” to make unique or extra levels.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 2:43 am #14532
Lars
Username: TotalBalance

Thanks Huss and others for both the post and replies! I have the same request of a client.

Being new to S2Membership, if time is precious, how much should it cost to outsource what has to be done vs. learning on the fly. e.g. setting up the security model & customization to allow content editors to properly assigned pages to appropriate levels and not allow users to see levels they don’t have access to).

If there are qualified outsourcing firms who can do this for my client, whom do you recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Lars

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.