latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership options and login redirect

Home Forums Community Forum Membership options and login redirect

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 1:28 pm #48580
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 10:34 pm #48704
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m going to be updating this article later tonight, but I figure I can point you in the right direction now.

What you want to do to have Users redirect back to their previous page on login is use the Membership Options Variables as they’re documented here, and pass in a redirect_to variable into your login form.

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)

For the quickest implementation, you can use the _s2member_seeking[_uri] variable. Just base64_decode this and send it into the redirect_to hidden input section.

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 10:07 am #49365
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

… ok, so what i’m getting is that this is an advanced php scripting issue (via the pro login snippet)– not something that is going to be possible to do w/o a pro. Unless, of course the sidebar widget is used.

It would be so great if there were a MU plugin, or ? with this simplified but really useful option 1) on login: direct user to page OR post OR anything as long as they have rights otherwise take them to the membership options page.

This is just out of reach for us non-coders. Basic questions immediately come up for us like – where does the php code get inserted; and: does one need to include the lines for category or tag restricted content even if all content is restricted by other means (ccaps for example) …?

Questions that i guess, are basic — but will prevent someone like myself from having a nice entrance experience for my users. The login widget seems to handle most of this but sidebar login widgets really mess with many page designs.

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 10:28 pm #49438
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

… ok, so what i’m getting is that this is an advanced php scripting issue (via the pro login snippet)– not something that is going to be possible to do w/o a pro. Unless, of course the sidebar widget is used.

Yes, unfortunately this is correct.

The problem with this is that this is an advanced feature, this is already as simple as we can get it. If there were a way to make this simpler we would definitely do that, but as-is there’s no way to do so. The information provided around MOP Variables goes over all the information you’ll need for this.

where does the php code get inserted;

In the Membership Options Page

does one need to include the lines for category or tag restricted content even if all content is restricted by other means (ccaps for example) …?

If you’re using the variable that I talked about in my previous reply (_s2member_seeking[_uri]) no. The other variables are only useful if you’re dynamically setting content based on what the User was redirected from.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.