latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership Renewal Help

Home Forums Community Forum Membership Renewal Help

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 2:37 pm #48300

Hello,

I have searched the forums and found several threads similar to what I need…but nothing that provided the info I need.

I have S2 setup using Paypal Pro with NO subscriptions. It’s a straight purchase for a 1 year membership (actually 13 months). The problem I’m having is that the site has been up for a year and now people need to renew. I have no idea how to set that up.

So, can someone tell me how to set up a simple renewal page for existing members? I’d also like to place a button on their profile that links to the renewal page but only show the button when they are within 2 weeks of the expiration (which is 13 months from the last date they paid).

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 11:12 pm #48328
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

So, can someone tell me how to set up a simple renewal page for existing members? I’d also like to place a button on their profile that links to the renewal page but only show the button when they are within 2 weeks of the expiration (which is 13 months from the last date they paid).

You can have Users renew using these Pro Forms:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms

Depending on what you have set up in your Automatic End of Term settings, this will either extend your User’s End of Term date, or set it to 1 year after they paid, if you have them renew for 1 year.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:17 pm #48375

Thank you for the assistance. I have set up the forms. I do have one other question. We have two membership levels (#4 and #3). When the EOT occurs all members are demoted to the free level. I need to determine, in a conditional, which level the user was before the demotion so I can show the appropriate form.

So, if the user was a level #4 user (but now has a free account) I want to show the level #4 form. If the user was level #3 (but now has a free account) I want to show a level #3 form.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your help.

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:35 pm #48380

One more question? I just noticed that the billing modification form does not populate the current user data. It is simply a blank signup form. Is this by design or have I missed a step?

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 3:28 am #48438
Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for the assistance. I have set up the forms. I do have one other question. We have two membership levels (#4 and #3). When the EOT occurs all members are demoted to the free level. I need to determine, in a conditional, which level the user was before the demotion so I can show the appropriate form.

This is possible, but it requires a (simple) hack. I posted here on this:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/changing-the-eot-demotion-level-dynamically/

I just noticed that the billing modification form does not populate the current user data. It is simply a blank signup form. Is this by design or have I missed a step?

Modification Forms don’t auto fill any data, as they assume that a User is logged in, and doesn’t display unneeded data.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 8:19 am #48469

Thanks for the info. I’ll try the demotion modification.

The modification form displays all fields just like it was a new signup. It even has a “Create Profile” section which asks for name,username and password. Is this normal? I would think that you wouldn’t need to provide the username/password info if you’re logged in.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 8:42 pm #48518
Bruce
Staff Member

The modification form displays all fields just like it was a new signup. It even has a “Create Profile” section which asks for name,username and password. Is this normal? I would think that you wouldn’t need to provide the username/password info if you’re logged in.

Would you mind posting the Shortcode you’re using for this?

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 1:25 pm #48579
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form modify="1" level="4" ccaps="" desc="$20.00 USD / 1 Year Active Membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.poag.org" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="20.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

I had a member try to fill out the form and submit it to see what would happen but it said his email was wrong…I’m guessing that it’s trying to add a new account but the email is already in the user list.

Hoping it’s something simple…I have a lot of members expiring this month.

Thanks for your help.

Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 7:41 pm #48691
Bruce
Staff Member

I just tried this shortcode on a test environment and it worked just fine.

It sounds like a conflict. Could you please follow these steps to try to find the culprit?

See: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 8:43 pm #48693

Ok, I found the culprit…it was a tabs plugin. So now I have the same result you have on your screenshot. I emailed a member and will have them try the renewal..

Thanks for your help.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 7:10 pm #48827

Ok, so the form populates all of the data. But the user is getting an error that states “Missing or incorrect email address”. But his email is correct on the form.

Any ideas?

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 12:24 pm #48932

Thanks for the updates.

About the email error, is the user logged in when he loads the page with the form?

By the way, you’re selling buy-now, so why are you using a subscription modification pro-form? Did they user purchase a buy-now before too? If so, just sell with a Level 4 pro-form.

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 1:06 pm #48934

Thanks for the response. Yes, the user is logged in and his name, email, and login is populated into the form.

I wasn’t sure what form to us. The initial post in this thread I said that it wasn’t a subscription and I just added the form that Bruce suggested. So, if I add a Level #4 form, it will recognize that he is a current member and not display the entire form?

Also, lets say the member has 1 month left on he 1 year membership. If he renews using the buy now form, will it extend from his current EOT date or start over at that date?

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 10:56 am #49011

So, if I add a Level #4 form, it will recognize that he is a current member and not display the entire form?

If the user is logged in when the page with the pro-form is loaded, then the pro-form won’t also be a registration form, it’ll just be to purchase the access.

Also, lets say the member has 1 month left on he 1 year membership. If he renews using the buy now form, will it extend from his current EOT date or start over at that date?

With buy-nows, you can have the access time be extended with the new purchase. You’ll find the setting for that in the EOT panel. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Fixed-Term Extensions[/hilite]

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.