latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership structure

Home Forums Community Forum Membership structure

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 10:17 am #31697

Hello! I’m writing to find out if something is possible with s2Member, but it requires some explanation. Please bear with me :)

Our membership structure includes both individual and organization members. I realize that membership plugins generally assume that a membership is for an individual, so our situation is pretty unique in that regard.

When it comes to individuals and organizations, there is a many-to-many relationship between the two. Yes, it’s true. One individual may be working on behalf of multiple organizations in our industry.

What we would like to build is a site where both individuals and organizations have public profiles. What I have figured out so far: the best way to implement public profiles is to have a Custom Post Type for each type of member: one CPT for individuals, one for organizations. It becomes a lot easier to build the layout for profiles from there.

I could (and this is one option — if you have advice on a better way of doing this, I’m happy to hear it!) make use of the Gravity Forms API to build out the forms members would use to keep their public profiles up-to-date.

It seems that s2Member has the functionality I need to build the custom capabilities necessary for me to offer members the ability to control their public profiles. Am I on the right track? I’d like to know this is possible before I purchase s2Member.

Thanks!
Joe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 3:41 pm #31725
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Joe,

All of the s2Member roles are based on the WordPress Subscriber role capabilities, which does not allow any capability of accessing the WordPress dashboard to do things like edit or publish posts. It sounds like you want your users to be able to edit/update a WordPress Page (their public profile). If that’s the case, then you’d need to manually modify the s2Member Roles with something like a Role Editor plugin to give those roles the necessary WordPress capabilities.

If that’s not the case, please clarify and I will see if I answer more clearly.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.