latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership time extension

Home Forums Community Forum Membership time extension

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 12:43 am #23758

Hello,
I’ve just started developing with S2members Pro and love everything so far. I do have one question that I havn’t seen in plain site yet.

We operate a paid subscription blog site where our users subscribe to receive the stories (daily posts) that we write.

Is there a way to take a group, (say all my Monthly Members who are paying a recurring monthly amount) and extend their expiration by a given amount of time?

For example, there may be times that we want to grant all of our members a full weeks extension of their subscription by a week (eg. like if we were to take vacation and they would not receive any new stories that week).

Any way to do that?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 2:24 am #23822

Hi Cheryl.

Glad you’re liking it! :)

About extensions, it depends. There isn’t an interface or feature to do it in s2Member yet.

If your customers paid one time, then they’ll have an expiration time in their profiles, which you can edit in bulk with a script querying the database.

If they pay recurringly, then they won’t have an expiration time, that will only be set when the subscription ends and s2Member is notified by the payment gateway, which is the one managing the payments. The problem with this is that there’s nothing to extend on s2Member’s side, the gateway just keeps charging when it has to, unless their interface gives you a way to edit the subscriptions to change their dates.

I hope it helps understand how it works.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 4:59 pm #24067

Thanks for your help on this!
So what your saying is, I should probably see if there is a way that I can do that through the payment gateway?

We are using Paypal for our gateway….and all of our members are recurring.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 4th, 2012 at 9:42 pm #24106
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Cheryl,

That is correct. Extending a recurring profile would be entirely up to the payment gateway. s2Member only provides an interface between the gateway and your content management system, automatically updating user’s accounts with whatever the payment gateway says (e.g., if the payment gateway says the user cancelled their recurring subscription, then s2Member will receive an IPN message from the payment gateway saying as much and then s2Member will demote/delete the users account according to your settings in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior). s2Member itself has no control over the recurring subscriptions once they’ve been created.

That said, you can certainly do things like offer an upgrade form (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms) and s2Member will then process that accordingly, canceling the member’s previous recurring profile and replacing it with the new one.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.