latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership types all checked automatically

Home Forums Community Forum Membership types all checked automatically

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 7:03 pm #6359
Terri
Username: tokyoterri

Hi All:

Please prepare for a batch of questions: I am testing my installation and troubleshooting each issue as I go. My client is this non-profit organization.

http://few.modernmediajapan.com/

Situation:
I logged in as a regular person joining as a Member (via Chrome). I clicked One Year Regular membership option. I clicked the will pay by cash option.

Problem
When I log in as an Administror (via Safari), the role is fine: Registered Non-Member. But, all of the Membership Type and Method of Payment boxes are checked, so the Administrator wouldn\’t have any way of knowing which combination the new user chose.

One thing to note is that we won\’t be using PayPal at this point – perhaps later. I\’m using S2Member because you\’re very good at protecting sections of the site. For example, I need the Forums and admin dashboard to be strictly protected and you guys are the best at doing that. So, what will happen is that the membership admin will sign in to the site periodically and approve users when she sees that they\’ve paid their membership fees into the organization\’s bank account, or they\’ve paid cash at an event.

I\’m sure I\’ve made a setting wrong, but have gone through the set up video and can\’t seem to figure it out. Help!

Thanks,
Terri

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 11:06 pm #6378

Hi Terri.

Could you please post screenshots of the problems you mention to understand them better?

By the way, how did you set up the membership approval system? Did you use another plugin or did you protect the content above the level the user gets on registration, to then upgrade him manually after review?

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 11:35 pm #6382
Terri

Hi Cristián:

Really appreciate your quick response, as I\’m over the deadline and need to get the client up to speed this weekend.

I\’ve attached a screenshot of what I see on the Edit User page as Admin. this is a dummy user, and I only clicked 1 option for Membership Type and 1for Method of Payment, yet they are all clicked when I go to that User\’s page as Admin. So as the Membership director, I won\’t have any idea what membership level the person signed up for and how they plan to pay.

I\’m not using another plugin for the Membership function -I have open registration, and the Membership director will change each new user\’s role manually.

and now that I\’m looking, I feel like an idiot because I don\’t see where I can upload a screenshot ;-( I have one for you but not sure…

thanks,

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 11:48 pm #6385

You could upload it to your server or some other image sharing service and link to it here, or put it inside an img tag.

Got it on how you’ll do the upgrades after review.

Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 6:44 am #6404
Terri

Hi:

Okay, I uploaded the image to Flckr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tokyoterri/6928104587/

looking forward to figuring out what to do.

thanks!

best,
Terri

Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 4:56 pm #6421

Oh ok, they are custom fields you created. Could you please show me screenshots of the panels for them, to see how you defined them, please. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 5:10 pm #6422
Terri
Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 9:07 pm #6429

Oh, I see the problem. I thought it’d be something like this.

You defined the options wrong. They all have the same value.

The string before the pipe is the value, the string after the pipe is the label. You have nothing before the pipe, so all the options have the same empty value.

So instead of:

|Pay by transfer
|Pay in cash

it should be

transfer|Pay by transfer
cash|Pay in cash

or

1|Pay by transfer
2|Pay in cash

or

t|Pay by transfer
c|Pay in cash

or something like that, with unique values for each option.

By the way, if you’ll only allow one value for that field, rather than both, you should use radio buttons, rather than checkboxes.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Feb 26th, 2012 at 6:38 am #6445
Terri

Hi Cristián:

You rock – that fixed it! So when the Admin logs in, she will see the options the new user chose. wonderful. I have one more question, hopefully easier: can you let me know what CSS to use to have all of the options justify left and line up in a column? So, in other words, they\’ll look like this:

Membership Type
One year – Regular ¥15,000
Two years- Regular ¥30,000
Six months – Regular ¥9,000
One year – Associate ¥9,000
One year – Overseas ¥6000
Two years – Overseas ¥11,000

and

Method of Payment
I will pay by bank transfer
I will pay by cash

Thank you!

best,

Terri

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 3:20 pm #6522

Glad that solved it. :)

About the alignment, this thread may be helpful: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1780#p53301

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.