latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Membership

Home Forums Community Forum Membership

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:22 am #9325
ranner
Username: ranner

Hi, I’ve set up a website using WP eCommerce to sell back issues of a newspaper (these are stored on Amazon S3). This part of the website is working, more or less.

I also need to set up sales of subscriptions/memberships that would allow payers access to specific pages (specifically, pages that display the newspaper in a SlideShare.net iframe).

The membership needs to activate AUTOMATICALLY upon payment. I’ve set this up using WP eCommerce and an additional plugin, WPSC Members Access. Unfortunately those who pay for subscriptions/memberships must be assigned to the proper WPSC Members Access level manually – which means if they subscribe on a Saturday they will most likely not be able to access the pages they’ve paid to see until Monday. Not good.

My client uses the Intuit / Quickbooks for credit card processing and isn’t interested in Paypal.

1) What are the chances S2 could do the job that WPSC Members Access cannot?

2) How would I configure S2 to work with the Quickbooks Intuit Payment Gateway? I used “QBMS Payment Processing for GetShopped’s WP e-Commerce plugin” to get as far as I have, but – not sure how much good it will do with S2, probably none.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I’ve currently got an unhappy client on my hands!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 5:49 pm #9386
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ranner,

s2Member can certainly solve the problem you describe with manual level assignment causing delays. When a member signs up with s2Member, their account is automatically activated with the correct level as soon as s2Member has received confirmation of payment from the payment gateway.

s2Member also offers the ability to sell specific pages on a one-off basis. A user could purchase the page for a newspaper, make their payment, and then receive an email with a temporary link (you get to determine how long the link should be valid) that would give them access to the WordPress page with the newspaper. This would all happen without the need for an account (i.e., if they want access to other newspapers, they’d need to purchase them individually).

With regards to payment gateways, we unfortunately don’t support QBMS. A list of supported gateways can be found here: Pre Sale FAQs » What payment gateways does s2Member® support?

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 6:22 pm #9495
ranner
Username: ranner

Thank you for the response, Raam! If I can ever convince my client to ditch QBMS, I will probably be back. I appreciate your time.

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:47 pm #9542
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

You’re most welcome, Ranner! :) I hope to see you back!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.