latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Menu visibility

Home Forums Community Forum Menu visibility

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:53 pm #20554
John Marsh
Username: harroman

I have a website where a large number of the pages are accessible to anyone.
I want to incorporate a members area in this website. When I set up private pages the page names are visible to anyone. Can I set up a members area where the pages are hidden to normal users or will everyone see the pages in the menus though not have access to them?
Thanks for any help
John

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 2:28 pm #20556
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello John,

You might be interested in checking the options under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection for this matter.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 2:41 pm #20557
cassel
Username: cassel

John, depending on your membership format, you could take advantage of the menu items being visible as a way to tease prospective members, and once they try to reach the protected pages, using conditionals, you could invite them to register/buy into your membership.

Again, depending on your model, it might not work.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.